PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my new car, not a 3G

AQcz
04-19-2005, 08:45 AM
97 Honda Civic HX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikenifecent

Better gas mileage, quieter, more aftermarket support, etc... Still love 3G's though. Just needed something newer. SUV by the winter as new 2nd car.

Cheeseburger
04-19-2005, 08:53 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/569000-569999/569097_21_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/569000-569999/569097_23_full.jpg

cool. how much did you get it for?

Things to come #1 Gotta kid on the way, gonna need a seat. Can't have him riding in no B.S.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/569000-569999/569097_25_full.jpg lol.

frankie89
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM
nice...im lovin dat child seat its sweet..

HostileJava
04-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Ha, looks sorta like the one I have:

http://www.hostilejava.com/images/IMG_2300.JPG

AQcz
04-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Paid $3500 for the car alone with 10-disc changer. Extra for the rest.

Yea, that's a nice seat too.

Busted_Blue
04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Rememeber that tranny is runned on a belt. So the reverse has a winding noise. A lot of customers come into to ask why does it do that at our dealership. That honda tranny loves Honda ATF. I don't know why but that just how it is.

Good steal.

AQcz
04-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Rememeber that tranny is runned on a belt. So the reverse has a winding noise. A lot of customers come into to ask why does it do that at our dealership. That honda tranny loves Honda ATF. The tranny just loves honda ATF. I don't know why but that just how it is.

Good steal.

good info.

markmdz89hatch
04-19-2005, 11:20 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/569000-569999/569097_25_full.jpg lol.

Just remember, the baby can't use this seat for a while. Most likely will not be in this seat until a year old at minnimum. First you'll need a rear-facing seat. I'm hoping to get that seat for the little one too.

Vinny
04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm more into this one for my son

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/prod_images/xlarge/90000.jpg

That recarro one looks uncomfy as all hell

diegoaccord
04-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Why an auto? HX auto? That car has NO potential. D16Y5 is as much a bastard as the A20A, probably more. Plus it's auto....did I mention it's auto?

Vinny
04-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Why an auto? HX auto? That car has NO potential. D16Y5 is as much a bastard as the A20A, probably more. Plus it's auto....did I mention it's auto?

Then I guess its a good thing that he didn't use your money to buy it and that you wont have to drive it :D

I'm thinking the fact that it gets better gas mileage, is quieter, probably more reliable and that he has a little one on the way probably had a more to do with it than the go fast factor

AQcz
04-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Yea I will need one of those rear facing seats first. Just put a quick picture. More to represent a baby seat then model of seat itself. I will get that when big enough though or something like that.

AQcz
04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Then I guess its a good thing that he didn't use your money to buy it and that you wont have to drive it :D

I'm thinking the fact that it gets better gas mileage, is quieter, probably more reliable and that he has a little one on the way probably had a more to do with it than the go fast factor

Ditto.

markmdz89hatch
04-19-2005, 12:25 PM

:werd:

I'm with Vinny on this one. Hence the reason I went with a Protege. Everyone has to grow up sometime and get something that's more practical then fun. ...especially when it's in the best interest of our new additions.

diegoaccord
04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Whatever floats your boat. I'm just saying, I hope you didn't buy it to mod it. Besides, if it's practicality, a 4 door or something would make sense, unless it just had to be a Civic.

Busted_Blue
04-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Whatever floats your boat. I'm just saying, I hope you didn't buy it to mod it. Besides, if it's practicality, a 4 door or something would make sense, unless it just had to be a Civic.

HX doesnt come in 4door =)

sporkHSP
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
i have a friend with and SiR 97 HX, so i guess its an HXR ( ah ha, haxor), anyway, its pretty hot, and its got alot of room inside, good choice.

But modding them sucks, the b16 drop on my frinds took a whole extra week of wiring and shit and he still didnt have PS or AC (brackets are goofy)

But, HX are nice.

AQcz
04-19-2005, 01:50 PM

Besides the few things I listed on cardomain I don't plan to do much for mods right now. Engine switch is pointless to me. Rims, better sys, etc... but I don't see those as mods. Didn't really buy it for a practical car. Got it cuz I wanted it.

As said in first post will be going for a SUV by winter. That'll be the fam car. Thinking about an 06 Pilot when they drop.

diegoaccord
04-19-2005, 02:55 PM
HX doesnt come in 4door =)

I know that, I meant a 4 door car, any 4 door car. Like a Malibu, Protoge', ect.

Haven't I proven that I know almost EVERY thing about Honda's? You should know that I can't make that kind of mistake :lol:

Anyways, just lower that Civic, with an HX, you don't need anymore than lowering + muffler to have "the look" since it has those wheels.

danronian
04-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Nice car and nice color. Those are the best 13s that ever came on a civic IMO. I'd love to have some for my future civic or even my 3g. I don't know if the tranny is the same but my gf's 97 dx civic shifted a little hard sometimes and once I changed the fluid it was a world of difference, and yes I did use honda ATF, it is SO easy to change in them, just one bolt on the bottom and the filler hole at the top, easiest tranny fluid I have ever changed.

Check out ClubCivic.com They have some awesome civics on there and only tasteful things aren't flamed, just how I like it. I have been looking at that site preparing myself to look for a 92-95 hatch to drop a ls swap into so I can actually have a fast/reliable/economical/handling machine. I found a 92-95 teal hatch 5spd w/o a motor but with a 60kmi 96' ls swap not in the car for 3 grand. If I can save a grand within a month it should be mine and a great summer project, otherwise I'll still be searching.

86LXItooFAST4me
04-20-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm more into this one for my son

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/prod_images/xlarge/90000.jpg

That recarro one looks uncomfy as all hell

now thats funny. like a child is going to use that cup holder. lol :bong:

the only cup holder ive seen children use is the floor, lol.

and nice car. ive always wanted one just to build one right and see what it turns out like. i actually like civics, but hate the people that murder them with BS. nice price to, good deal.

sporkHSP
04-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Those are the best 13s that ever came on a civic IMO.
I could be wrong (but I have friends that love those wheels, and hunt them down) and I believe they are 14's the CX wheels from the eg hatches are 13's i believe.

right? Either way, they are still damn nice, and sooo light...

Cheeseburger
04-20-2005, 07:36 AM
ya those rims look alright

Busted_Blue
04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
13inch ones are from the 92-95 Civic VX model. the 14inch model is from the 96-00 Civic HX model.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Timeline/Current07.jpg

HX rims on an accord. :) I'm selling these rims now.

Cheeseburger
04-20-2005, 12:27 PM
how much do you want for them?

HostileJava
04-20-2005, 06:40 PM
:werd:

I'm with Vinny on this one. Hence the reason I went with a Protege. Everyone has to grow up sometime and get something that's more practical then fun. ...especially when it's in the best interest of our new additions.

But you must never forget your roots young padiwon(sp?)!!!!! :)

AQcz
04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
how much do you want for them?

Don't really know what they are worth so if offer is reasonable I'll accept. Otherwise, I'll do some research and get back to you. Got a lot of people asking to buy those. I want some different rims anyway so if price is right I'll sell.

They are flawless by the way. Some lady owned car. Lived in a house with driveway, worked in place with parking lot, didn't live in city = no rim rubs

89accord_lxi_coupe
04-22-2005, 03:47 PM
the Pilot would be good, i don't suggest a CRV. they are ok for a single person or even a couple. they're not exactly a family car, it's just too boxy for me inside. at the lowest drop on the steering wheel i still feel like i've got my arms up, out and straight. the seats are too flat and the rear seats aren't inclined any, complete 90 on those things. the xterra's are supposed to be fairly nice from what i've heard.