PDA

View Full Version : Best brand/type of shocks for conversion?

Accordtheory
04-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I am too lazy to do the research on this myself, but I was just wondering about what shocks would make the best candidates for using with strut tower adapters on a 3g. (Awesome idea, Justin86! i was wondering about doing something like that). Ideally, the shock would have a nice range of external adjustment for both compression and rebound, and of course it would be good quality without being outrageously expensive. p.s. I don't think I'm about to buy konis, because my current front konis aren't even! (you can't adjust the compression, just rebound, and 1 shock has more compression damping than the other) Any reccomendations?

AccordEpicenter
04-19-2005, 08:54 PM
id be real interested to know the outcome of this... i need a much better suspension, this stock shit just aint gonna cut it

Busted_Blue
04-26-2005, 01:46 AM
I would suggest something along the lines of Koni Yellows or KYB AGX or Tokico Illuminias. Those seem to be the best type of shocks for civics that provide dialing adjustments on the top of the shock.

SteveDX89
04-26-2005, 07:23 AM
id be real interested to know the outcome of this... i need a much better suspension, this stock shit just aint gonna cut it

Upgraded suspension is so much better. It feels like a whole different car.

NXRacer
04-26-2005, 08:03 AM
KYB AGX or the OmiPower coilovers would be your best option. I'd love to have a decent suspension setup.