PDA

View Full Version : I love it when my cars crap on me

88tandx
04-20-2005, 08:00 AM
goddamit...

SO this coupe i got is obviously a work in progress. one of the things that needs to be tackled first is the clutch. so i looked around, thought about getting the honda replacement, then maybe the exedy one. i saw the power-dura one n ebay oand figured id give it a shot. so i ordered it. i used my friends paypal and forgot to change the address from his in philly to mine in jersey. so he calls me up and tells me got it and i had plans to take a friend of mine out to dinner in philly cuz i owed her dinner cuz of my other car crapping out on me valentines day morning. so i pick her up and we head to philly. now the thing with the clutch is that you cant push it all the way down or less it wont come back up and when you punch the accelerator, it goes up, then down, then up again. so we get into philly with no problem and believe me, going light to light in philly with this thing takes alot of balls. so we get to the restaraunt fine and eat probably the best italian dinner ive ever had that wasnt my grandmothers. my dad is an immigrant from italy and his mom makes the greatest italian food ive ever had in my life. the place we went to was called Felicia's and i do reccomend it to anyone who's looking for a restaraunt to go to in philly. they have this plate called Gnocchi(pronounced Yonki) and it is the fkin shit. anyway so we meet up with some friends for some drinks at a night club/bar that we know the owner of and we can drink underage and usually for free. so after a few drinks we get back in my car and start heading back to center city to drop off my friends. we go about a mile down broad street and my shifter wont go into first at a light. fcuk. so i shut off the car and Voila! it works. so get all the way down to center city and it happens again only this time the turning off of the car trick duz not work. so after trying a bunch of times over a course of an hour we realzie this shit is stuck. so i call AAA and aparently i used up all of my service calls so it would be 30 bux plus 1 dollar for every mile. and just as the lady is telling me this, a tow truck is driving by and he says he'll tow me anywere in 10 miles for 40. so hung up on AAA cuz even though i was only going about a mile to a service station, i wouldnt have to wait 500 hours for AAA to show up. So we tow it to this Fireston service center right around the block from my friends place. its about midnight right now. so my friend goes and gets his jack and tools and get to work right away. unfortunately after almost losing two nuts we figured it wouldnt be smart to continue in such a lack of light. So the next morning the guys from firestone look at it and the guy says i need a new clutch and tranny. even bigger FFUUCCKK. it would be about $1k for everything. i was leaving for a wedding in florida in about 4 hours and it would be nice to have a working car when i get back so i figured fuck it and i let em do it. they wouldnt let me use the part i ordered so i wasnt able to save nemoney there but i did apply for a firestone credit card and even though i got denied i still got the 10% off. so im going to pick up the car tommorow and after i replace the head ill have a practically whole new powertrain. now i just gotta sell this clutch.

-joe

NXRacer
04-20-2005, 11:13 AM
um, cliff notes?? lol

89accord_lxi_coupe
04-20-2005, 11:34 AM
dang, and i thought the shit that happend with my car sucked ass. um... so that Gnocchi stuff, what's in it? at least you have a working car now.

blazin3gen
04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
um, cliff notes?? lol

lmao ahahahaha

mr eff
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
gnocchi is potato dumplings.. they're super soft and usually cooked in cheese, but you can also get it alla sorrentina, which is a red sauce. little soft tasty bites!

sorry to hear about this whole thing, at least you'll have a working machine when you get back from the wedding.

chris

Reptile
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Italians kick ass, we are the most influential people in history.

88tandx
04-21-2005, 07:26 AM
yes yes we do kick ass.

cliffnotes? im a lil dense. i dont get it.

-joe

89accord_lxi_coupe
04-21-2005, 07:55 AM
cliffnotes: main points of the story. quick, simple and to the point. kinda like caleb.

smufguy
04-21-2005, 08:21 AM
how much did u pay for the clutch? well this is why u dont buy no-name brands bro. U should have stuck with excedy or better yet ACT for the same price. They have a stage one that is around the same price as the stock replacement and stage1 holds a lot and they all come with warenty, proper instructions and most of all a clutch alignment tool (i guess). next time, dont get cheap ass ebay stuff.

88tandx
04-21-2005, 06:45 PM
ooooooooo cliff notes. i get it now. jeez, i am really dense. the clutch i got was a Power-Dura one. it wasnt the one in the car when it went. it was the original clutch and the guy who i bought it off of had no idea how to drive stick and he was beatin the hell out of it and it needed to be replaced soon anyway and it was kinda dumb of me to drive in philly with it. shit im dumb.

-joe

smufguy
04-21-2005, 06:54 PM
and why do u need a new tranny again? sorry i have to post it in a different post. i forgot to ask it in the first one.

HostileJava
04-22-2005, 05:58 AM
cliffnotes: main points of the story. quick, simple and to the point. kinda like caleb.

Quick and simple like Caleb or to the point like Caleb? :kekeke:

Sucks about your car man. Tranny problems bite. Btw, were you the one that wanted my Foglights? I finally located them, but I must have deleted the PM's of whoever I was talking to.

88tandx
04-22-2005, 06:09 PM
well the tranny grinds like nobody's business and the guy said something about the pilot bearing seizing to the trans. i couldnt really understand him, i think he was semi-retarded(apologies to all who are actually semi-retarded, welcome to the club) and since it wasnt a bad price and it was gunna come with a warranty and whatnot i figgered it wasnt a bad deal for that price.

i was a journalism major in college what do want.

yes im the guy who wantd the headlights. pm me and lemme know wats good.