PDA

View Full Version : injetors

b8er
04-20-2005, 09:34 PM
just wondering if buying some higher flowing fuel injectors would help out my car at all, i only have an integra cold air system on it right now but i do have a head being worked on as we speak, vavle job, cam reground, and i was just wondering if buying new ones would help out since i still have the original ones in there or if buying some higher flowing ones would work better, thanx

AccordEpicenter
04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
nope

b8er
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM
alright, thanx for the stright forward awnser

smufguy
04-21-2005, 08:23 AM
the high flow injectors will be of use only if you got a bigger fuel pump, and an adjustable regulator and a resistor to control the new injectors. But like jason did, just swapping them in, wont do anything.

AccordEpicenter
04-21-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah its pointless unless you have soo many mods its sick. Other than that if you need more fuel, bump up your fuel pressure

FyreDaug
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Isnt it normally the pump being the "bottleneck" of the system before the injectors are? I guess im just assuming, I dont know what stock injectors flow.

AccordEpicenter
04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
stock injectors flow 240cc/min... stock fuel pump is good to like 200whp.

FyreDaug
04-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Just kinda going off topic here with a carb, what does the stock carb flow? And the fuel pumps are the same Im guessing?

AccordEpicenter
04-21-2005, 06:05 PM
nope radically different... stock carbed stuff is way smaller

smufguy
04-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Just kinda going off topic here with a carb, what does the stock carb flow? And the fuel pumps are the same Im guessing?

the carb pump operates at a max of 5 psi while the efi operates at 37 psi. i know the flow rate does not corrolate to the pressure they operate at, but its just to give u an example of how radically different both the fuel systems are. from the shop manual the efi pump flowed something like 80+ liter/hour (converted from cc/sec).

The way the carb flows is determined by the jet it uses and they always almost run lean, lean enough to get u 30mpg on a city where as with the efi system, u bearly make 25 mpg. (driving pattern changes from user to user, but this is based on my experience from going carb to efi with the same motor and same driving pattern)

AccordEpicenter
04-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Exactly praveen... good work

smufguy
04-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Exactly praveen... good work

why thank you jason......... i feel special now :)

Oldblueaccord
04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Riding along on this thread. Say I pull my plugs every year and the last oh say 8 years I have owned my car they appear very white like my car is running lean. I think to myself maybe it could stand to run a little richer then it does. So I think on it a little more and my #3 injector leaks thru the body bad. bad enough I carry a fire estingusher (sp ) around so when i call rcengineering for new ones I tell him to give me ones %10 bigger. Would my car then not run %10 richer all things being equal?

I dont see how my ECU would know the differrance is what I am getting at. I have always thoguht that Honda stock ECU can support up to 330 cc injectors.

wp

smufguy
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
maybe the ecus that control the ignition (4g accords and stuff) might compensate for it. But our efi being as basic as it can be, i dont think it matters if you have a big ass fuel injector. The reason being, with the same pressure (stock of 37) ur not gonna flow anymore than the ecu pulsing the bigger injectors. So my guess is, u can get an adjustable fuel pressure regultor, use the stock pump and then bump up the fuel pressure which just creates more pressure around the entry of the injector thereby squirting more fuel everytime the injectors pulse.

the only thing that our ecu ever does is compensate the fuel input based on the o2 readings and ECT readings. Thats how basic it is, so if any, either bump the pressure or use the stock reg and get a high volume pump (which flows more and also creates a lot more static pressure much more than what the stock regulator can hold. I know this cause when i put my car backtogether, it ran very rich, rich enough that i was getting 18mpg in the city and within 20 miles, all my injectors started leaking. so i got a pressure gauge and the afpr and put on the pressure gauge and saw how much it was, and the gauge read 50 psi with the stock regulator on, no wonder i leaked all my injectors, then i put on the afpr and lowered it to 40psi and now i get about 23mpg.

Civvy
05-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Any pics of your afpr dude? I'm wanting one (inline if poss?) with guage.
I also want to bin the stock filter and have a neater looking inline one, to kleen up the bay fom all this junk we have!

smufguy
05-04-2005, 09:03 AM
civvy, this is an old pic of mine. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=40064 scroll to post 13. aftermarket inline filters require AN fittings. Usually they are that way. U can get either braided lines to go on them or get rubber hose to AN thread adapters and slide the hose on them. But our fuel filters flow pretty okay, so u dont have to worry about it.

Civvy
05-05-2005, 06:26 AM
I like these and theyre cheap. While ure there what u thjink of their regulators?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?CLS=MSPORT&TLGRP=M006&CODE=fse_puro&PGRP=MC068&GRP=MC068&PCODE=FSEPRO896#

smufguy
05-05-2005, 08:09 AM
The filter u gave me looks like what a carb filter looks like. Any carb filter i mean. Since the pressure is lower than us, the filters dont have to flow much, but this looks real small.

the FSE fuel pressure regulator looks cool but again, its not adjustable. Its a constant pressure regulator. on the other hand the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator is what u need. but that is overkill not just the money, but since it uses AN fittings, u need to tap the end of the fuel rail where the stock regulator sits, tap it to size you want, use a fitting to run a line to the AN fittin on the regulator and use another AN fitting to run the return line to the stock return line.

If any, i would get the B&M adjustble fuel pressure regulator or the Cosmo Racing Regulator. They all look the same and its for the 2nd gen integra or the NSX.

Civvy
05-05-2005, 08:15 AM
If by AN u mean screw type they do that too! and thoose glass filters come in 3 different sizes. did u see the racing reg?

smufguy
05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
If by AN u mean screw type they do that too! and thoose glass filters come in 3 different sizes. did u see the racing reg?

yeah i saw the Fuel filter and its still small. you need a filter like this for a efi

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/aei-12308_w.jpg

For the fuel pressure regulator. The Aeromotive one is good. but to be cheaper, use the B&M one i suggested.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/bmm-46051.jpg

Civvy
05-05-2005, 09:02 AM
The only dealer we have for B&M will only ship their short shifters!

smufguy
05-05-2005, 09:13 AM
The only dealer we have for B&M will only ship their short shifters!

if you badly want, we here in the US can hook u up with one. but check your local Speedshops, they will defenitely have an alternative for you.