PDA

View Full Version : mesh n dome lights

troutz15
04-21-2005, 07:26 AM
does anyone have a 89 accord lx with the stock bumper on, with a mesh grille in it? i wanna see what it looks like with the mesh on it b4 i cut up the bumper. and where can i get a new dome light, its the one on the roof, and theres a connector on each side, not like a normal bulb.

smufguy
04-21-2005, 08:27 AM
does anyone have a 89 accord lx with the stock bumper on, with a mesh grille in it? i wanna see what it looks like with the mesh on it b4 i cut up the bumper. and where can i get a new dome light, its the one on the roof, and theres a connector on each side, not like a normal bulb.

Eric had it in his car for a long time.

http://users.argolink.net/sutton/images/frnt_fog.jpg
http://users.argolink.net/sutton/images/frnt_fog.jpg

troutz15
04-24-2005, 01:12 PM
and waht about the dome lights, can i get the bulbs anywhere xcept like a honda dealership? and what about some different color ones?

HondaBoy
04-24-2005, 01:25 PM
autozone, pepboys, wal-mart, etc. they will carry the bulb you need, i always see them in there. its an 8 watt bulb for the dome light. if you dont care about it being bright you can get a colored one, but IMO they suck. just take you bulb with you and kinda match it up, i know longer and shorter bulbs will fit though.

BITESIZE
04-24-2005, 05:19 PM
An old picture, but you can see the mesh. I had to cut out some of the bumper so it would look better. Plus I mounted the foglights behind the mesh too.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_9_full.jpg

ICEMAN707
04-25-2005, 04:26 AM
i like the look of a billet grille over the mesh better. i'm planning on using full-size SUV billet grilles and cut them up to size. those nice horizontal chrome lines look wayyyyy better than those tacky criss cross mesh grilles.

Busted_Blue
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
I like the stock one better =)

smufguy
04-25-2005, 06:54 PM
I like the stock one better =)

amen, same here.

gfrg88
04-25-2005, 07:12 PM
i actually would like to see how that SUV billet grille would look on our cars.... i think it would look nice :)

HaShfIeNd
04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah they sell them at autozone, i ended up buying one of those expensive LED ones, which i woudln't recommend if you actually planned on using it for "light" lol.. besides the LED"s are weak unless your in pitch dark. and expensive, and a little big didn't quite fit right.... also, i believe your back door (if you have a 4dr?) are the same as your dome light... but front door curtesy lights, are like a normal bulb, where you push and twist in...

Magny
05-16-2005, 10:57 PM
hey hash, how bright were the LEDs when you put it in, like 10-20% less than stock bulb???

HaShfIeNd
05-16-2005, 11:42 PM
yah the one i bought, the reds the darkest, the blue is pretty bright.. lights up the area but LED's are so directional compared to a light bulb that it makes a big difference right there, what i really want to do is just get some neat colord LED's and stick them up in the dome light with the right resister, and then also stick a ultra bright white one up there with a switch to go back and forth so if i needed the light it would be there...

hey hash, how bright were the LEDs when you put it in, like 10-20% less than stock bulb???