PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Headlights...

ImporTypeRx7
04-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Ooook so Im home and I hear something outside in the garage. I look at my car and the headlights are going crazy?? Its like someone is flipping that switch next to the steering wheel on and off and on and off. The lights keep popping up and down and never stop cycling untill I unhook the battery. They keys were NOT in the ignition. The actual light isnt on, but their popping up and down. So for the time being I just unhooked the harness to the headlight motors so i could use my lights, but id like to be able to control them again. Is this one of the relay's going bad? And if it is, how would I fix that and where would i get that parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

FyreDaug
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Holy, sorry man I cant help, but I do want to know what the problem was. I'll check around a bit for you, if I find anything I'll post back

Mac
04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
The first thing I would try is disconnecting the headlight switch on the dash and see if it stops.

SHURIK
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
the switch stuck in a car with a working swithch if u hold it the lights will come up and down as long as u hold it inside the switch thier are 2 copper points that are spring loaded to stay away from eachother onse the spring gets losser the copper points will almost touch and then touch and then not touch so when thay touch ur lights start jumping i had this wile i was driving a solid punch to the dash fixt it then it came back and my hand started hurting from punching the dash so i went to a wreker and took of the whole combo switch and put it in my pocket and off i go it was free :rockon: well i made it free