PDA

View Full Version : B18B clip

87forfree
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok heres the deal last night i was cruzing my freshly painted 87 and all of a sudden my tranny started slipping real REAL bad i mean the car could barley pull it self(automatic) :sad2: . Now as kind of a funny coincidence earlier that day i had been offered an entire assembly ( engine, manual trans, lower control arms axles, spindals, sub frames) out of a 90 integ for 200$ of course i jumped on it anyways but what i need to ask is if anyone would happen to know if the tho sub frames are even remotly the same dimensions, and if not are there any pics of b18 swapped 89 lx's and any mounts to buy or do i have to fab everything from scratch. Thank you in advance for any help.

Sean

SteveDX89
04-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Ok heres the deal last night i was cruzing my freshly painted 87 and all of a sudden my tranny started slipping real REAL bad i mean the car could barley pull it self(automatic) :sad2: . Now as kind of a funny coincidence earlier that day i had been offered an entire assembly ( engine, manual trans, lower control arms axles, spindals, sub frames) out of a 90 integ for 200$ of course i jumped on it anyways but what i need to ask is if anyone would happen to know if the tho sub frames are even remotly the same dimensions, and if not are there any pics of b18 swapped 89 lx's and any mounts to buy or do i have to fab everything from scratch. Thank you in advance for any help.

Sean

You will have to measure yourself to see if the sub frames are the same. No one has done it. Mounts are not available, they are a custom fab job. You can see a B16 swapped in my 89 DX on my cardomain site.