PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean.

A20A1
04-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Besides my system can't handle... :)

I burnt this CD and like 4/5 of the songs don't play... probably cause my player is so old. But one of the songs that do... it hits this part where it turns my speaker into a rain maker... those hollow wooden shafts with beads in em. Anyways It seems like it's trying to go so low that my speaker can't manage it. If I look at the cone It vibrates as if it's trying to do make deep sounds.

:thumbdn:

TheWatcher
04-21-2005, 09:46 PM
A20A1,

First try a purchased (or pressed) CD, they tend not to degrade like CDRs. If the CD plays fine, then look to see if there is a setting on your HU for CDRs. My Kenwood HU has a separate setting for CD/CDR and just CD/but no CDR. This setting is found in the programming menu on my Kenwood.

Also, your burning software might have a utility to test the CDR's integrity. I have Nero Burning ROM, and it has Nero CD Speed, which will test the integrity of the CDR material and the file integrity.

Also, the cyan colored CDRs that Costco sells (or used to sell) is tough for some CD or DVD players to read. Try the silver colored CDRs.

One last thing to try, mount the HU to a bracket in the back of the HU (in addition to the mounting sleeve). Sometimes the HU is just mounted in the DIN sleeve. But I really doubt that this could be causing the problem.

If nothing helps, then maybe your HU needs repair/replacement.

My CD player dies sometimes playing the CDRs, but I figure its the CDR. I need to play my CDs to test it, but I am too paranoid about my CDs getting stolen, so I only carry CDRs in my accord.

Good luck,

TheWatcher

Besides my system can't handle... :)

I burnt this CD and like 4/5 of the songs don't play... probably cause my player is so old. But one of the songs that do... it hits this part where it turns my speaker into a rain maker... those hollow wooden shafts with beads in em. Anyways It seems like it's trying to go so low that my speaker can't manage it. If I look at the cone It vibrates as if it's trying to do make deep sounds.

:thumbdn:

smufguy
04-21-2005, 09:48 PM
thats weird mike, what kinda prog did u use to brun the cd and does this cd work in any home cd systems?

our stock paper ones are not really that picky with low freq, its either they just blast apart trying pick those up, of if the low freqs are blow the range, then it wont even pick it up. So im guessing its that the low freqs are just too damn low enough and just pushing the speaker to its limitk, causing it to go all nuts with vibration.

As far as not playing, its weird,

88accordalltheway
04-21-2005, 10:18 PM
well if you have stock speakers, what are you expecting for 20 year old speakers? You could get really shitty ones (the brand is called dual) for 25 bucks a pair from best buy, and itll sound 100 times better than the stock ones.

A20A1
04-22-2005, 01:19 AM
the speakers are 180 or 200 watt pioneer 6.5's

I used windows media player to burn the cd's onto Maxell multi colored audio cdr pack

Mac
04-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Did you put a label on the burned CD? I use to burn CD's and put labels on them and after a while they stopped working. So then I burned new ones and just wrote on them with a sharpie and all works fine.

MrBen
04-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Windows media player sucks for burning CDs. Try Nero.

smufguy
04-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Windows media player sucks for burning CDs. Try Nero.

nero is good for burning cds and i burn vcds using them.

I used CD Creator to burn my music and data cds. Its fast and buns a cd in less than 3 minutes. Is a 75 min song track.