PDA

View Full Version : Needing fold down rear seats

FyreDaug
04-22-2005, 10:54 AM
What cars (or trims) will have rear seats that bolt into place in my 87 LX?

I want fold down seats for a couple reasons, 1 being better sound from my sub and I need storage space. I have no room in trunk with my computer, amp and sub/amp. So if the seats fold down I can use the back part of the trunk that has space Im not using, and the inside of the car.

Anyways, I just need seats that fold down in the rear. Is it only the lxi that will have them?

A20A1
04-22-2005, 04:08 PM
LX is supposed to have fold down seats... DX does not... however if you do not live in the US then the trim models can be labled differently.

FyreDaug
04-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I do have an LX and unless theres some hidden switch they dont fold down.

Mac
04-22-2005, 05:46 PM
There should be a place to use your key on the rear deck.

A20A1
04-22-2005, 09:19 PM
You said in a thread you don't have the air jet controller... so I think you either have a car imported to the us or you don't live in the US. Again... the LX may actually be a DX, it's just labled differently in different countries.

french_hustler
04-22-2005, 09:57 PM
In my Lx-i, there's a pulling switch on the roof of the trunk when you open it. If you have one, pull it and you should hear a click, then just pull the seats down.

FyreDaug
04-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Well even from looking at it (Im canadian btw) theres a metal piece (thin, support bracket) that runs down the middle behind the seats. I dont see any switches or handles or anything.

Whats the differences between the (US) dx/lx?

SteveDX89
04-23-2005, 04:26 AM
Well even from looking at it (Im canadian btw) theres a metal piece (thin, support bracket) that runs down the middle behind the seats. I dont see any switches or handles or anything.

Whats the differences between the (US) dx/lx?

The Canadian LX is the same as the US DX. You won't have fold down seats. You get them from any trim level above yours. The pivots are spotwelded. You will have to drill them out and then use bolts to bolt it into your car. Also you will need the latch/rear tray from the donor car.

FyreDaug
04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I saw (what I thought was) a 3g EX. Or is that a different gen?

And by the way, that sucks, why the hell would they change the dx/lx around?

BMS
04-23-2005, 08:42 PM
They have EX in the 4th Gen Accord, but not in ours. They did have an SE-i however. If you want some rear seats that fold down I have some that I could sell, but you'd also have to get the bracket for the rear shelf and possibly the lower hinge also. I'm not sure how much different the folding seats are.