PDA

View Full Version : and only after one week

marc49
05-04-2002, 09:15 PM
I must say, I am PLEASANTLY surprised with how our first week went. we have an amazing 215 registered users (at the time of this post). I was expecting 150 users as the best case scenario. I guess that goes to show you that, although all may not post a lot, we do have a fairly big following..

So far the transition has gone smoothly, we did have a little glitch with the server on tuesday, but everything seems fine now. I am still working on getting more smilies uploaded, getting the color scheme on an option style worked out, and still working on the header part of the board. I have disabled the email confirmation function because people were saying that they were having problems, but I am not going to re-activate it and go from there.

I will also be implementing the "3geez foundation" soon to help raise money to pay for the 86-89accord.com website. Now I know many users have volunteered their services, but past users have ruined it for you with their flaky ways and we simply can't afford to be set back again. As far as graphics, and flash intro's, I will still be coming to you guys for that. Members of the "3geez foundation" will get perks that have yet to be fully determined...

Please reply back with any comments and/or suggestions..:flash:

87accordlxi
05-04-2002, 10:30 PM
well, im kinda drunk. and as usual, the gf is passed out in my bed, so this will be short.

i think everyone's done a great job with the transition. without everyone's support, this would have been a whole lot more difficult. i firmly believe that we are better off on our own, and we will get more respect if we are on our own. thankks to every member who joined and has contributed.

Vega88lxi
05-04-2002, 10:55 PM
The numbers will only increase. I agree we are way better off on our own. The 3g its self is kind of seperated from all other hondas and thats the way we should be.

damackz
05-04-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
well, im kinda drunk. and as usual, the gf is passed out in my bed,.

haha man kinda?!?! sounds like ur gf had more then u lol but yeah i couldnt agree wit u more...........long live 3geez.com hehe :pimp:

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-05-2002, 01:35 AM
Yea I think the transition went very smoothly....and we've got almost 3000 posts so I'd say that's pretty damn good! I really like it here. It's like it used to be, with our own domain, and the freedom to do as we please, when we please, without our "captains" influence or having to rely on someone else. The server has yet to slow down....even with lots of peeps on at 1 time, it hasn't slowed down on me yet.

Overall I think we made a very good move, and will be happy here for a long time to come. We couldn't have developed such a good following though if it wasn't for our admins/mods, and all our loyal 3g members. Good Job! :D

:bow: :werd: :D

ACCORD EX
05-05-2002, 02:49 AM
yeah ! i like it here ! veeeeeeeeeeery fast board !
but any way the move from ezboard to AF was useful ! a lot of people knew the 3rd gen forum exists !! i even think that many of them registered with us here ! :D
we just took the best out of AF and dumped them ! :D

MIKE

Bobs89LXi
05-05-2002, 07:23 AM
I honestly believe that Igor is going to regret what he did. Overall as a percentage, 3Geez had more members than any other forum, even before PH moved over. I did meet some great people on AF and it gave us the exposure that we needed. I guess we can at least thank Igor for that. However, I feel more at home with our own site.

88turboaccord
05-05-2002, 10:21 AM
I say screw them all, we have proven before that we can do things on our own---just look at our cars, you can't just go and buy aftermarket parts for them, you actually have to put some work in it and find something that fits....

Actually about the screw everybody else, I like reading the other boards...:rant:

carotman
05-05-2002, 10:28 AM
yup! right on Justin.

jay
05-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Whatever. :rolleyes:

:flip:

88LXiHB
05-05-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jay
Whatever. :rolleyes:

:flip:

He is still loyal to AF, That is punishable by death you know...http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/squint.gif

http://active.vaporspace.net/~kdanek/images/Gif/rofl.gif ;)

1989 DX R
05-05-2002, 07:49 PM
Well, as soon as i get some money in the bank i would love to contribute to the 3Geez foundation :D

superaccord
05-05-2002, 10:05 PM
I agree with Justin. everyone in my town knows what they are doing when it comes to bolt ons, but they always come to me cause i have the information to save them money, and have a all around better ride because of all of you guys here! i thank you all for leading me this way, and making me realize how PHAT my car is and can be! I was asked a question the other day, and it was:
"what is your dream car, you know, if you could buy any car you want and do anything to it what would it be?" you know what i said? i said, "I want my car pimped out. motor swap, and a good ET at the track, also the looks to back it up." HELL YES 3geez forever!:D :super:

:flipa: <--- that is for import haters!!
I have created a club for imports in my town, we are known, in like a 40 mile radiouse. some respect us, but most clown. what is the big prob? they say we think we are cool cause of the Fast and the Furiouse with our muffler trumpets and all. I began all of these mods before the movie! i would love to see some of them stupid hicks take off a wiper blade, or install an intake(simple shit)
who all with me?

matt

Jdub07
05-06-2002, 10:50 AM
:bow: 3geez.com

I was pretty new to AF when this transition happend to 3geez.com. I was so happy to find AF when I did, yet I did notice right away that even on my T1 line shit was slow as fuck amongst other things. In any case I love 3geez.com. Its the first place I go in the morning when I get to work. I still feel like such a newbie but would like to contribute what I can to support us. I was going to sell my 3g before I found you guys,.....I DON"T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING!:werd:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-06-2002, 11:55 AM
I am almost as thankful for the 3geez forum as I am that Honda made the 88 Accord! But seriously, I want to help 3geez as much as I can. I especially want to help us get some exposure. I used to be in a car club and we had this guy who could make really nice stickers for a damn good price. I figured with the 3geez foundation I could sell some stickers and the proceeds would go to 3geez. This would be a good idea for two reasons: it helps raise money for the site, it helps our forum to be known....and you would get a cool sticker out of it :D What you guys think? They could be color, any size, they don't all have to be the same.....all depends on how much you would want to spend on a sticker. I will come up with some designs and post em'. Peace.