PDA

View Full Version : h3lp CTizzle out (amp wiring)

88accordhb
04-24-2005, 07:02 AM
i just got a pioneer amp and 2 10's. you know that one red wire that goes from the amp to the positive cathode in the batery of our car? yah isn't there supposed to be like a hole in the firewall that leads from the engine bay to inside the cabing. cuz right now it's ghetto setup cuz i ran it out the little hood corner area thru the driver side door.

thanx.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-24-2005, 08:48 AM
There is an unused grommet in the firewall behind the gas pedal, you could try using that.

mouchyn
04-24-2005, 12:21 PM
There is an unused grommet in the firewall behind the gas pedal, you could try using that.

make sure you put some plastic or rubber protection around the wire if you run it in that grommet hole. You don't want the sheet metal slicing into your power wire and grounding out. electrical fires are bad, mmmmmk?

you should also cut that rubber grommet so you can put it back in around the power wire. noice, smells, and water will all leak into that hole if you don't plug it back up after you run your power wire.

i can take a picture of mine, if you want.

87AccordsterLx
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
There is a grommet closer to the passenger side about one foot off the ground that works great.

phenox
04-28-2005, 04:50 AM
If u fish it though the door jam theres a hole in the engine area where itll come out but ull have to fish it through with a wire hanger

NXRacer
04-28-2005, 08:09 AM
just find an unused grommet, poke a hole thru the middle of it and feed it thru. you instanly have a water tight, insulated hole thru the firewall. You can then run the power down the side under the door rails, or (like i do) thru the center hump and under the back rug. it takes less wire to do it that way too. there's more space so you can run the RCA cables the same way.

Ludi Mali
04-28-2005, 08:45 AM
or just drill a hole like I did

HondaBoy
04-28-2005, 01:19 PM
i never saw a gromet near the passenger side. i'll have to look for that now with all the vacuum crap out i can see. i used the largeish gromet hole on the drivers side. never put the gromet back in. it does let engine smells in. not such a bad thing, that's how i noticed my carb was leaking before i rebuilt it. maybe i'll reroute my wiring after i rewire my system.

mouchyn
04-28-2005, 09:02 PM
you can still use that driver side hole. just trim the grommet and put it back in so water doesn't leak in and soak your floor boards.

NXRacer
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
i just took a phillips screwdriver and punched a round hole in it so the wire would slide thru it thus creating a seal.