PDA

View Full Version : Insane in the brain...X-country FL-SF

phrenology
04-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Alright East Coast Geez...I'm gonna need support and I don't mean tight binding underwear. When I finally get the build done, I'm going on the ultimate road trip. Summer time is as good as any (yeah I say that now but no AC is a drag). The departure date is still 4-6 away but I figured I better start planning now. I'm taking the Accord far far away from this suburban hellhole that I've been trapped in for 18 years. I wanna know if there are any brave enough to test their machines too. I know gas ain't cheap now and SF has the worst prices in the nation right now...but does anyone have the time, money, or committment to take the journey with me??? I'm looking for a good ol' convoy of 3Gees and Accords to blaze some trails with. I'm leaving west coast FL for west coast Cali...bay to bay...

Coast to Coast Boys and girls...powered by none-other than Honda. The invitation is out there so let me know. I'm leaving beginning to mid-June!
Accord vs. the US highway... :rockon:

88accordalltheway
04-25-2005, 10:47 PM
if you hit this place up, be sure to go to one of so cals many summer meets!!

SiR
04-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Or just drive to the east side of FL...

Your crazy man, whats the reason for the trip? Job?

phrenology
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Or just drive to the east side of FL...

Your crazy man, whats the reason for the trip? Job?

To get as far away from FL as I can and hopefully never come back except to visit. Everyone of my closest friends and high school buddies have tried so hard to escape FL's tractor beam (as far as Europe and Japan) of cheap living but none have succeeded they're all back were they started. Not me I've had enough, and escaped plenty of times to know there's better things out there to do with life then sit in the sun and grow into a withered old prune. I'm moving to California to look for better work. My mother moved to San Francisco about 9 months ago and she's much better off for doing it. There's nothing here for me anymore...except my friends. FL is just a useless apendage of the US. If I took the time to write down all of the the things I hate about FL I would fill an encyclopedia. Sorry man I'm just bitter...I'm sure the rest of you FL peeps deal just fine, and enjoy life here.

POS carb
05-24-2005, 12:41 PM
holler @ me when you do this

3G Jester
06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
hey there are plenty of bay area 3geez than maybe could get you a spot on a couch for when you get there......im in mississippi..ill do a day drive and ride with ya for a few miles but i gotta stick around here.....air force....
frisco is a beautiful place. i used to go up there lot when i lived in monterey..i love cen cal. met my wife there.

phrenology
06-04-2005, 10:54 PM
hey there are plenty of bay area 3geez than maybe could get you a spot on a couch for when you get there......im in mississippi..ill do a day drive and ride with ya for a few miles but i gotta stick around here.....air force....
frisco is a beautiful place. i used to go up there lot when i lived in monterey..i love cen cal. met my wife there.

Cool man, I need all the support I can get. I'm going to SF for the week(end) of July 4th for a visit and to scout ahead on apts. I'll probably be leaving via Accord 2-4 weeks after. I'm trying to get my old high school mate to be driver #2 for the journey. I've already started modifying the hatchback to carry nothing but 2 peeps, some fuel, supplies and cargo! I've actually fit alot of shit in the back after I threw out the back seats.

I'd love to check out MS while driving through, but I haven't planned the whole route quite yet. I want to meet as many 3gee members as I can while I make my drive across the US!
:cool:

gfrg88
06-05-2005, 11:17 AM
hey if you make it be sure to go to the so cal meet:D
have a nice trip:)

3G Jester
06-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Awsome. ill be in texas the 4th of July weekend, but ill be in MS everytime other than that. just give a ring 860-460-9493

Forgar_88
06-24-2005, 12:56 PM
have fun man, but i doubt youd want to come up here in washington to visit. although if you did there is that interstate from seattle to cali...

phrenology
06-24-2005, 11:00 PM
have fun man, but i doubt youd want to come up here in washington to visit. although if you did there is that interstate from seattle to cali...

I'm very interested in coming up to Seattle. I'll probably come up for a long weekend or vacation once I get settled in SF. Thanks for the invite.

3g Jester thanks for the offer, as it turns out I will be making an overnight stop in Biloxi so we can hang out most def!

Thanks to everyone who has given me invitations to come and visit. I will post some info on my trip and ETAs for each city with all of my overnight stops. Anyone on the board who wants to hang out and toss back a couple of beers is cool with me. I really would like to make a photo/video/audio documentary of my trip so anyone who isn't camera shy can take some pics...I'd like to have a nice Accord line up on film with all of you guys (and girls) and your cars as I make my way across country. Accord Power!!! :rockon: BTW I won't be leaving until August 1st if all goes according to plan. :uh:

BMS
06-27-2005, 12:06 AM
That's a longass drive, but like they say there are plenty of people on the way. If you need any tips on where to go/what to do in Cali gimme a PM. I'm like the California hooker, I've been around a lot.

PortugalFocus
06-29-2005, 10:28 AM
I really like FL...... for now

truetune
06-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I say skip cali due to emmisions and go for say oregon unless your car is good for that, cuz both states are just as good.

phrenology
06-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I say skip cali due to emmisions and go for say oregon unless your car is good for that, cuz both states are just as good.

Thanks for the advice but not moving to California because I don't want to meet California emission standards would be a pretty stubborn and ridiculous excuse. I'm moving to SF for work related reasons not just because of how sick of Florida I am. Plus my mother lives there now.

I'm sick of living in a suburban hellhole with nothing to do. Florida is a great place to come and waste time in and sit around retired waiting for death. I hear Oregon is nice but I'm not moving there. My car will be 50 state legal once I get it going.

SiR
06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Your part of Florida, yes its boring. Its a pretty big state.

Cheeseburger
06-30-2005, 11:18 AM
hey bro, if u find ur self here in so-cal give me a pm. good luck with the road trip! and btw Cali rules lol... :bowrofl:

Busted_Blue
07-01-2005, 01:12 AM
you might as well do a complete road trip towards all the 3geezers.

phrenology
07-01-2005, 06:11 AM
you might as well do a complete road trip towards all the 3geezers.

LoL, Including Canada, Poland, Denmark, Japan, Norway, Russia, Romania, The Domincan Republic, Puerto Rico, and anywhere else that 3Geers hail from that will be alot of miles for my poor A20. I'd need some serious cruise control! :lol:

Cheeseburger
07-01-2005, 06:49 AM
lol.. ur going to need more than that bro lol...

mr eff
07-01-2005, 09:11 AM
you're going to be in town this weekend? you should contact me and we'll get a beer. i'll PM you my cell.

Cheeseburger
07-01-2005, 09:17 AM
so where u at phrenology, maybe u can come down to the meet we are having

phrenology
07-01-2005, 02:02 PM
you're going to be in town this weekend? you should contact me and we'll get a beer. i'll PM you my cell.

Sorry cheif I'm not gonna be in town until the 18th or so. I'll look you up then. Right now its back to the car...work, work, work.
:uh:

3G Jester
07-04-2005, 01:22 PM
i tried meeting up with people on my drive from cali to mississippi.....but i didnt have enough warning and i couldnt get a hold of any body on the route....

phrenology
07-04-2005, 02:27 PM
i tried meeting up with people on my drive from cali to mississippi.....but i didnt have enough warning and i couldnt get a hold of any body on the route....

As it turns out Biloxi will be my first stop on route to SF. I will call you before I leave FL if you want to hang out and take some car pics too. I will be leaving Florida on the 1st of August in the car if all goes according to plan.

Cheeseburger
07-04-2005, 04:04 PM
and then u can come down here for the so-cal drag meet!

smufguy
07-04-2005, 08:13 PM
if you ever pass thru New Jersey. call me or lemme know.

phrenology
07-17-2005, 09:09 PM

Chris, Dereck, Jessie...I'll be flying in tomorrow night. I think I'll be in around 8-ish local time. I'm kinda flakey with the phone, but gimme a ring ding sometime this week I'll PM it. If I don't answer leave me yo digits and I'll call back. Yeah you can also post or PM me I'll be checking 3Geez as frequently as possible, so stay in touch. :wave:

lostforawhile
07-18-2005, 01:52 PM
what route are you taking out of florda? trying to see if you are anywhere near me. i'm near the flordia line. it sucks being out here every one from three geez is usually way away from me.

phrenology
07-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Phase one complete...I'm in SF now, going back for the car and my stuff ??? Sometime I hope...I gotta work on getting a jobby job and an apartment this week. I dunno if I'm gonna get into the East Bay...the BART workers might be striking. East Bay Geez let me know what's going on.

Cheeseburger
07-19-2005, 10:25 AM
alright bro, welcome to the west coast. so when u thinking about coming down to los angeles area, if u are ever down here hit me up. what kind of job u looking for?

phrenology
07-19-2005, 12:05 PM
alright bro, welcome to the west coast. so when u thinking about coming down to los angeles area, if u are ever down here hit me up. what kind of job u looking for?

Yeah I already gots some friends from home who have moved to LA. One of them is relocating there pretty soon I heard he got an art gallery job, but I haven't talked to him. I'll probably come down and visit once I get all set up here in SF, won't be soon though, I'm kinda broke...but I'm working on fixing that. Career wise I'm an audio engineer for film, tv, radio, theater, studio, etc. I know for a fact there is more work for me down there, being Hollywood and all but I'm not down with the studio system in LA. If you know peeps in the industry to make recommendations for me that would be cool, but my focus is the Bay Area unless my work takes me to LA. I'm working on IATSE union stuff right now. BTW thanks for the invite, and warm welcome.

Cheeseburger
07-20-2005, 07:59 AM
no problem bro, i wish i knew some one in that kind od industry. there are alot of studios here so i think that theres a lot of jobs. this is how far i live from Paramount Studios http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&1gi=0&un=m&1da=-1.000000&1rc=L1AAA&1n=LOS+ANGELES+COUNTY&cl=EN&ct=NA&1si=navt&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=616+N+HARVARD+BLVD&1c=LOS+ANGELES&1s=CA&1z=90004-1909&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=5555+MELROSE+AVE&2c=LOS+ANGELES&2s=CA&2z=90038-3112 only a 3 min drive lol...

phrenology
07-20-2005, 08:03 AM
no problem bro, i wish i knew some one in that kind od industry. there are alot of studios here so i think that theres a lot of jobs. this is how far i live from Paramount Studios http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&1gi=0&un=m&1da=-1.000000&1rc=L1AAA&1n=LOS+ANGELES+COUNTY&cl=EN&ct=NA&1si=navt&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=616+N+HARVARD+BLVD&1c=LOS+ANGELES&1s=CA&1z=90004-1909&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=5555+MELROSE+AVE&2c=LOS+ANGELES&2s=CA&2z=90038-3112 only a 3 min drive lol...

Sweet...if I give you a copy of my resume and my reel can you tie it to a rock and throw it over the fence? If you hit one of the producers or film executives I'll give you $100...LOL :kekeke: Well if I don't find some work here I might be moving to LA sooner than I thought...:ugh:

Cheeseburger
07-20-2005, 08:39 AM
sure lol...i can do that. so do u like it up there in the bay area? nice a, i like san francisco i kinda want to move up there

mr eff
07-20-2005, 09:04 AM
there's no BART strike, they've "resolved" that. well, more accurately, post-poned it until they feel bitter again.

we should try to plan something on friday... i have something potentially brewing already, but if we can set something up, i'd be interested! what're the opinions of the others?!

CT, D, Jesse?

phrenology
07-20-2005, 09:20 AM
there's no BART strike, they've "resolved" that. well, more accurately, post-poned it until they feel bitter again.

we should try to plan something on friday... i have something potentially brewing already, but if we can set something up, i'd be interested! what're the opinions of the others?!

CT, D, Jesse?

Hey Chris... sorry I missed you yesterday. Check you voice mail I just called again. I have to make my way over to Berkeley tonight to look at an apartment. If you're not working maybe we can meet up. Tomorrow I have a job interview at Walnut Creek city hall around 1:00 pm, so I'll be in East Bay too. If you guys want to come into the city for Friday that would be ace...I can't see myself going to out East Bay 3 days in a row, since I have no car with me. The car issues are a pain in my ass, I'll tell you about it later. I'm staying at my mother's apartment by the San Francisco City Hall building. I'll be here until I (A) find a place of my own...soon I hope, or (B) I go back to FL to get my stuff...which may not be for awhile. :uh:

Busted_Blue
07-20-2005, 06:06 PM
i am down on friday night to do something after 6:30pm. :)

Another photoshoot? screams! Find me some spots Chris!!!

3G Jester
07-20-2005, 06:37 PM
siigh...i wish i was still in cali or i would be there this weekend....

3G Jester
08-05-2005, 05:55 PM
hey..we got an apartment here in biloxi if you need a couch to surf. where you at know? still in frisco or back in FL?

phrenology
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
hey..we got an apartment here in biloxi if you need a couch to surf. where you at know? still in frisco or back in FL?

Thanks for the offer, but the road trip is off for now... :burn:

I'm so busy working on gettin' stuff going in SF. I'll be going back to FL in a few weeks to tiddy up and get some of my stuff, but I doubt I'll be passing through Biloxi (on the ground anyway) until we resurrect the car and I have time to make the journey. Right now the car is a test bed for some other stuff and not fit for cross country, frankly neither am I SF is keeping me quite busy.

Anyway thanks again and I will look you up when I make it through your neck of the woods. :thumbup:

Cheeseburger
08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
so how are u liking the west coast??? did u get a job yet?