PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick vacuum line help please...

AccordEli
04-27-2005, 05:24 AM
This if for a FI 5 speed. Looking at my 86 service manual, they are lines 17 and 18 coming from the vacuum control box. (the 2 that come out on the bottom right) Inside the control box, 17 goes to the top of the EGR Control Soleniod Valve and 18 goes to the middle of the Fast Idle Control Solenoid Valve.

I need to know what these 2 lines connect to on the other end. The manual just shows 2 little ports next to each other near the intake. I cannot find it on my car and the lines were just tied up.

I am trying to troubleshoot an EGR problem.

Thanks for your help,

-Eli

AZmike
04-27-2005, 11:00 PM
If I remember correctly those those lines connect to the 180 degree curved piece of the intake after the air filter. I guess Honda wanted to keep the air going into the emissions box clean.

superguillermo
04-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Having weird idling problems?

AccordEli
04-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Having weird idling problems?

Yes. It idles high and throws a light at highway speed. The code is for the EGR. After the light is tripped, the idle varies up and down. I have been over almost everything twice and can't find the problem.

-Eli

shepherd79
04-28-2005, 07:57 PM
remove the EGR valve and check how dirty it is. if it is dirty, clean it with some carb cleaner. after that, take a vacuum pump and make sure the valve holds the vacuum.
if the valve checks out fine, reinstall it and reset ECU.
if you still have problems after that, open the black box under the hood, and replace the EGR control solenoid.
that is the only way you can get the problem fixed.

superguillermo
04-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I had the same thing going on, but without the light. Weird! I ended replacing the EGR, fast idle sensor, and another idling sensor from the junkyard. It went away...its so freaking annoying tho!