PDA

View Full Version : what to do with the hoses

staticpat
08-07-2002, 07:40 AM
i took off the stock airbox, and made a short intake. now what do i do with all the tubes i disconnected from the airbox? the car stalls out unlesss i give it continuous gas, so im assuming some are important. i dont need the cold start sensor or the tube from the exhaust manifold, and i can put a breather on the tube coming out of the valve cover, but what do i do with all the other tubes that went to the airbox. thanksss.

shepherd79
08-07-2002, 08:42 AM
have you tried to plug them.

staticpat
08-07-2002, 10:33 AM
ok i got it. the two tubes that went into those valve things in the airbox, i just hooked the valve things straight on the tube. i put a breather on the valve cover tube. the resonator looking thing is loud as hell at idle, dont know what im supposed to do with it, it seems to suck in air. also should i plug the hole in the exhaust manifold? ill have a pic with explanations soon.

Dutchboy
08-07-2002, 11:06 AM
the easiest thing for now would be to plug them ...

and then figure out if theres something else to do with them.

you should be able to drive okay if they are plugged

staticpat
08-07-2002, 02:49 PM
ok these are the tubes that i connected those valve things out of the airbox onto.

http://home.cyberarmy.com/enygma/accord/tubes.jpg

and this is the thing that really sucks, alot of air. right now we just put a paper filter over it, which seemed to fix the problem. does anyone know what i should do with it or what it is?

http://home.cyberarmy.com/enygma/accord/thing.jpg

this is the intake.

http://home.cyberarmy.com/enygma/accord/intake.jpg

doug
08-07-2002, 04:09 PM
I think the pipe you capped off with a filter is part of the air suction feed to the exhaust manifold, it just sucks air into the exhaust manifold at certain times

doug
08-07-2002, 04:12 PM
oh yeah, you should have had one other vac line, on the drivers side rear that goes to line #17, you don't want to plug that one.

A20A1
08-07-2002, 06:36 PM
You circled the 2 Air Bleed Valves in pic # 1.
They can be plugged permanetly.

You have circled a silencer in pic #2 its black plastic and it connects to the air suction valve. The air suction valve adds air to the exhaust stream and you can see the air suction pipe connect to the stock exhaust manifold/header.
You can place a vacuum cap over the hard line that connects to the Air Suction Valve (AS-Valve)

#17 Vacuum Hose should be connected to the new intake pipe close to the carb... maybe drill a hole and connect it to the round part. Vacuum size is: 5/32

Big fat vaccum tube should also be connect to the new intake... if you like you could buy a 3-way vacuum connector.
This will allow you to connect the big vacum tube to the 3-way then to the intake, and the smaller port on the 3-way is used for the #17 vacuum line.

Also don't let the intake pipe hang on the ignition coil wire or it will pop the wire out and your car will stall.

staticpat
08-08-2002, 11:36 AM
thanks so much guys! what do you mean though by a vaccum cap for the A-S Valve, like just a rubber cap to plug it up permanently? a20 you've basically been my guide through this hole thing, you should right a howto on this, im defintely noticing a power increase.

A20A1
08-08-2002, 05:18 PM
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/A6/70/11891622-1cf8-02150190-.jpg

the smaller port on the 3-way connector is for the 5/32 vacuum line #17.

#17 should be somewhere behind the carb and on the drivers side... it was originally connected to the stock air box.

One of the large ports on the 3-way connector should connect to the big vacuum line and the other end should connect to the intake near the carb.

staticpat
08-10-2002, 09:23 AM
i totally capped off the a/s valve, is that bad or is that what im supposed to do?

A20A1
08-10-2002, 10:25 AM
just disable the a-s valve... then it won't make any sound at all

A20A1
08-10-2002, 10:34 AM
did you connect the hoses like I said.. or are they still hanging???

#17 and the bigger vaccum line need to be connected to the carb intake because they need a vaccum signal to operate.

you also should do the mechanical secondary conversion... and then you can plug move vacuum lines... the more lines you can plug the better.

staticpat
08-10-2002, 10:59 AM
i plugged up the bleed ones and the a/s valve (how do i disable it? or is plugging it fine) but the others are just hanging, i need to go get hose. whats a mechanical secondary conversion.