PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Effort

88tandx
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Got my car back from Firestone after having the new tranny and a new clutch put in. The car drives fkin great and the guy who did my car is a family friend and did a check of a bunch of stuff on the car and found a few other things i needed like wheel bearing and a new axle. neway the clutch is almost effortless to push down. When i had my sedan, which had a honda clutch in it, the clutch gave me some resistance which i like alot better. I kno how to adjust the catch point but is there a way to adjust the resistance?? i really liked the resistance in the other car.

-joe

superguillermo
04-28-2005, 12:10 PM
no way to adjust the resistance. just give it some time...the lube inside the cable will dry out leaving it with a little more resistance. lol...most people want the opposite!

AccordEpicenter
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
my exedy/daikin and most stock honda plates are weak and light. My dual/diaphram clutchnet has the heaviest pedal ive EVER felt (think its 2400-2600lb clamp load)

88tandx
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
shit man i wish there was a way to make it a lil tougher. i like it that way cuz my other accord was the car i learned stick shift on and my civic hatch has a clutch that i needed a personal trainer and alot of squatting just to get it down. im juss used to it being like that.

-joe

mouchyn
04-28-2005, 09:01 PM
you'll learn to appreciate the light feel of the properly working cable clutch, soon.

Oldblueaccord
04-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Put and spring on the pedal under the dash. Home depot has difeerant springs like for little kiddie hobbie horses. I out on on my lawn tractor so the stupid belt would quit slipping.

wp

Slipknotcraig133
05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I love stiff clutches as well. Every car i have had had a stiff clutch pedal. If i ever get rid of my 3g and have a hydro clutch im going to be hating it. When i had to replace my clutch cable it sucked because it was nice and soft and couldnt stand it but its slowley getting stiffer.

FishyMan
05-04-2005, 06:59 PM
my 3rd had an exedy, it was kinda stiff, yet not stiff like my friends miata, though it felt stiffer and u could feel the engage/disengage (catch point)

i just wish the gas pedal would loosen up. it was tough to get the right amount of force say on hills, traffs w/o overreving a bit a times. u know u'd rather pull through than roll back. but having a stiffer gas pedal is a no no imo.. d k why though..

AccordEpicenter
05-04-2005, 09:13 PM
i hate hydros because ive had bad luck with slaves/masters and id prefer a cable for the adjustability/simplicity/control/feel all wayy better than a hydro. I have my massive 2400 or 2600 lb clamp load clutch and i still havent broken a clutch cable yet haha :P