PDA

View Full Version : A20A3 Rebuild Research

ACE_14
04-29-2005, 08:32 AM
i'm starting a rebuild of an A20A3, and i want to stay N/A, but boost the comp. ratio from my lazy 8.8/1 to about 11/1. i know that Diamond makes pistons, but where can i get them, and at a good price? i'm also gonna be looking for the rods to go with them, and hopefully some better valve springs. i know about kmodified.com, but i've heard some really negative stuff about them. also, if anyone knows which ARP bolts fit our engines to hold everything together. THANKS.

smufguy
04-29-2005, 08:41 AM
ace, you been here long enough to know how to search bro. This is one of the numerous "im gonna be building up my motor" threads. Why dont you search your needs before you ask.

ps: im on the other thread answering this guy about his motor build up. Thats why im getting tired of multiple threads pertaining to one point showing up every day.

ACE_14
04-29-2005, 10:06 PM
i basiclly know what i need to do for the build up, i'm just asking where i can get the parts. i was hoping people that have already purchased these items can give me names of shops or websites that sell them and about how much they are. one site i found was kmodified, but i also found some negative things about them. i didn't mean to sound like a newb.

smufguy
04-29-2005, 10:43 PM
PIstons: LIke u said, diamond pistons are to be ordered from DIamond directly. U have to get on the phone, call up the customer/tech service of Diamond, and tell them what u are looking for or tell what the piston dimension is and ask them to match it up.

Rods: Eagle rods have an off the shelf rod that will bolt up to our crank, but the wrist pin hole needs to be enlarged. U can order it from eagle or a eagle dealer like Summit, if you have the part number. (search in Sean's threads, he had the number. I had it saved, but i misplaced it at the moment).

as far as valve springs, i have no clue, and u are better off pming people like Rob-T or Mike (a20A1) or andy (phydeux) and others to get the specific information. You are better off pming these guys cause u get ur questions answered fast.

rjudgey
05-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Cat cams do valve springs that should fit checked the dimensions but you may have to find yourself some 2G Accord ET1 platforms as they have double springs on both inlet and exhaust valves, failing that you could convert you inlet valves to the same size as the exhaust valves and use the platforms and springs for the inlet as well, works quite well especially if you increase the size of the valve too!! I'm having some custom valves made up 33mm inlet and 38mm exhaust in stainless steel will be £20 each plus shipping if anyone is interested. And thats in Pounds as i live in U.K.