PDA

View Full Version : cylinder head tdc?

86lxiricer
04-29-2005, 03:26 PM
hey guys i just got my head rebuilt, new valves and such, and wanted to know how to set it to to tdc before installing and how do i know if its at tdc. I know that 3 valves are open but dont know which ones. Any help would be great thanks. :)

88Accord-DX
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Your cam will set the valves to which ones need to be open. Set the cam spocket (mark) to TDC . Align the crankshaft to TDC on the #1 piston, then put the belt on. Here is link, this was discussed a week ago. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43295

Bigg_Billy
05-02-2005, 10:28 AM
On my 88 2 liter with the "up" on the crank sprocket at 12 o'clock, there is a notch on each side that you align with the top of the head.

Bill

Slipknotcraig133
05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
On the crank there will be a small dot on the sproket and then there will be a dot near the oil pan on the bottom of the motor. Its kind of hard to spot. You will either need air tools or a real big cheater bar to get the pulley nut loose.

88Accord-DX
05-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Ok, I don't know if you put the head on allready. But if you have the belt on and haven't taking the crank pulley off. Here is some insight. Even though I haven't taken my belt off in a while, I think this might save you some time.

(((( Saving yourself from pulling the crank pully off..... )))

After you get TDC on the crank with #1 cylinder ...."If" you can get to the belt tensioner from the top. You can take the belt off the cam spocket & then hold the belt up tight on the crank sprocket, don't let is slip down off the sprocket. While your doing that, move the cam sprocket (mark) to 12:00 postition. Put the belt back on.