PDA

View Full Version : dash lights switch

HaShfIeNd
05-01-2005, 10:25 PM
when you turn on your lights first notch the dash lights and back lights and front cornor lights come on... i am curious if anyone knows an easy way i could put in a switch so that i could just turn the dash lights on and off without any exterior lights... would it be in the cluster you think? or a wire under the dash? or suggestions?

mouchyn
05-01-2005, 10:34 PM
sure. take a look at the 3G wiring diagrams. you'll see that the combination switch just controls a series of relays. since the parking lights have their own relays, you could wire up an external switch to just activate the interior light relays. diode isolate it from the combination switch and you're golden.

88Accord-DX
05-01-2005, 11:23 PM
If you want to isolate the combination switch to just activate the dash lights. Your looking at some good wiring with switches and some good electrical knowlege. I don't see you wanting to waste the effort for what it is worth.

HaShfIeNd
05-01-2005, 11:50 PM
i don't plan on doing a crappy job, i just want to do it so i can show my lights while i'm parked without exterior lights see link below

sorry it didn't come out exactly in focus heh

http://hashfiend.kicks-ass.net/gaugelights.wmv

i don't know i like it :) lol its brighter then the camera picked up i guess..

88Accord-DX
05-01-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't know what that link is, but whatever makes you happy. Good luck dood. Not sure if the link is you answer.

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 12:06 AM
its just a little movie of my lights in my gauge cluster lol..

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 12:10 AM
so you don't think theres an easy way huh? :( well i guess i'm not super sophisticated when it comes to wiring, but i do have at least enough knowledge to do something correctly...

88Accord-DX
05-02-2005, 12:32 AM
so you don't think theres an easy way huh? :( well i guess i'm not super sophisticated when it comes to wiring, but i do have at least enough knowledge to do something correctly...
If you want to wire up some switch off the combination switch to control your interior lights then go for it. I'm not giving the technical jargon associated with it.

88Accord-DX
05-05-2005, 12:01 AM
I forgot to say, you need to bypass the combination switch and rig up a rheostat to make this happen. I don't have the info. to do it, but that is main thing you need.