PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problems

unclebobo
05-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Found this site a couple a weeks ago and just by searching the old forums you people helped my little brother with a number of problems with his car. Now We hope that you can help again.

Here goes... He has a 87 prelude with a a20a3 FI. He pulled the engine to replace the clutch. He got it in last week and after solving a few minor problems it seemed to run fine. The main problem was surging after starting. He got the fix for that here (coolant level) and then everything was fine. Well now he isn't getting any fuel to his fuel pump. He has checked his relays, wiring and everything seems fine. He is in a bit of a hard spot. I've loaned him my Lightning but he cant afford the gas for that thing. So any help with trouble shooting/fix you guys can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

88Accord-DX
05-01-2005, 11:47 PM
You need to make sure the fuel is reaching the fuel pump. Check the line to the tank. It might be clogged. I can't give any more advice with-out fuel reaching the pump. Pull the line off and see if gas is coming out from the the fuel filter.

snow_man_20
05-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Found this site a couple a weeks ago and just by searching the old forums you people helped my little brother with a number of problems with his car. Now We hope that you can help again.

Here goes... He has a 87 prelude with a a20a3 FI. He pulled the engine to replace the clutch. He got it in last week and after solving a few minor problems it seemed to run fine. The main problem was surging after starting. He got the fix for that here (coolant level) and then everything was fine. Well now he isn't getting any fuel to his fuel pump. He has checked his relays, wiring and everything seems fine. He is in a bit of a hard spot. I've loaned him my Lightning but he cant afford the gas for that thing. So any help with trouble shooting/fix you guys can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glad that you like the site. Those Ford Lightnings kick ass, good trucks. Anyway ludes must have external fuel pumps huh. Hummm... If it's not makeing it to the pump, i would say it's clogged.

unclebobo
05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys he may have the problems fixed and we're gonna be working on a electrical on that has reared its ugly head.

We'll search the site for info and post if we need to.

Thanx again

mouchyn
05-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Anyway ludes must have external fuel pumps huh. Hummm...

nah, ludes have in-tank pumps just like the accord. Just about every honda has in-tank pumps.

AccordEpicenter
05-08-2005, 12:55 PM
maybe the fuel pump is bad? If youre getting power to the pump, and no fuel out of it, change it