PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 12:44 AM
well, i'm always looking for something to do to my accord i to do little easy stuff so today i replaced my gauge cluster lights... i like how they turned out what do you guys think? heres a movie of them (needs to be animated to see the changes)

http://hashfiend.kicks-ass.net/gaugelights.wmv

i am thinking about putting some UV lights up above to shine down on my needles, and maybe some different ones to change the colors of the blinkers etc (though those are colord plastics).. well the movie came out a little blurry and such in the dark.. you get the idea though.. you get more of the reds and purples and oranges in real life..

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
well here are some pics... i didn't get any replies lol pictures are hard because the colors are constantly changing here are a couple that came out ok...

nice variation in colors..
http://hashfiend.kicks-ass.net/carpics/gaugelights.jpg

again
http://hashfiend.kicks-ass.net/carpics/gaugelights2.jpg

lala
http://hashfiend.kicks-ass.net/carpics/gaugelights5.jpg

well yeah... simple to do looks pretty neat.. wanted to get a switch in so i could isolate the dash lights without the exterior lights for parking... anyways what do you think?

2drSE-i
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
not bad!

u could use brighter ones tho, but they look pretty cool

pretty good complimentary colors i must say

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM
yah they look not bright in the pictures they are very bright in real life just hard for the camera to pick it up in the dark or something, i can even see them under city lights, and even the blues in the day time =>

Busted_Blue
05-02-2005, 09:00 PM
that would make me have a seizure. Blinking lights.. O_o

zero.counter
05-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Nice colors! Cost?

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
hey thats my line I.E i always say that under a strobing light or florecent funky light -- oh yeah i know what you mean i didn't think it would flow w/ everyone because they might find it annoying and distracting, but i'm young i like flashy :P

HaShfIeNd
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
cost is cheap, just need the lights and gotta take out the cluster and put them in, took a little work i used fancy programmed LED's they dont really do the same thing every time.. need to make sure you use the right resistance and what not but otherwise it cost me all about 6 dollars not including labor.. i am wanting to put U.V (black light) led's up top that shine down on the needles to hopefully get a glow effect.. if not i might try painting my needles with something that will show up florecent under u.v those led's are about 4 dollars a piece..

*EDIT*

my brother made a nice point, it was that cheap for us because we had everything laying around -- soidering iron etc e.. and also did a bit of problem solving ourselves (how we clipped them into the socket) so, you do need a soldering iron, solder,resistors,lights.. so that would make it more expensive..

88accordhb
05-02-2005, 09:46 PM
wow. now you need the other 5 collors to make a rainbow.

mr eff
05-03-2005, 09:54 AM
i'd find those lights terribly distracting, but that's a really cool conversion. nice work!

88Accord-DX
05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
What you got behind your dash, some Christmas lights? j/k man. Don't do the rainbow colors. Not good. lol

That is different though. Looks cool.

A20A1
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
close encounters. :)

looks nice... but I'm with the less is more crowd, all I have is an aftermarket tachometer on my dash. :)

HaShfIeNd
05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
What you got behind your dash, some Christmas lights? j/k man. Don't do the rainbow colors. Not good. lol

That is different though. Looks cool.

rofl close -, each LED produces red green and blue while flashing, but when fading to one or another it will mix the colors especially if the light is refracted somehow, so you get purples/oranges/whites etc.. lol its really trippy :flash: you get used to it its not so annoying as you might think :) heheh