PDA

View Full Version : my dream come true

89cordlx
08-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Ok, I had my mom ask "the engine guys" at Honda if any of them would like to put a new engine in my car. Now I need to make the decision of what engine. I am thinking b16a since they're inexpensive (hehe) and easy to find. When I buy the engine I am buying the engine, tanny, and ecu. should I go hydrolic or cable trans? and what else do I need to get for the install? please please help.

1989 DX R
08-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Hmm...if this is gonna be a brand-spanking-new engine, go with B16a because of the aftermarket support. Get the Y1 tranny (cable only...we dont have hydro clutch)

pric
08-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Well if HONDA is putting it in hell I would go for the H22A

88LXi68
08-07-2002, 03:08 PM
I am sorry and I dont mean to be negative but...I'll believe it when I see it. Please prove me wrong

MoonScryer
08-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Honda do it? Ummm, are you trying to give them the money to buy a 2002 Accord, or put a motor in your car? I'd highly suggest re-thinking this, given they probably won't even cover it under any sort of warranty.

89cordlx
08-07-2002, 05:44 PM
dah, some didn't understand my post apparently. A guy who works in the engine dept. of the Honda factory of marysville ohio said he would do it. I didn't say Honda would do it. thank you 1989 DX R for answering my question, well one of them.

shepherd79
08-08-2002, 03:53 AM
wow, slow down mister,
do you have LX or LXI? if you have LX say good buy to the B16 because you will have to do the EFI conversion first.

89cordlx
08-08-2002, 11:39 AM
right now I have a LX, but just down the street there is a coupe lxi I want and I am talking to the people who own it to sell it to me. They said they'd think about selling it. I am about to give them my car and some money for it hehe

shepherd79
08-08-2002, 01:15 PM
go for it man. get LXi first than you can start thinking about engine swap.

89cordlx
08-08-2002, 03:29 PM
hehe oh that swap has been thought about will happen within a year. They're real busy right with finishing this year order for '02 models and will be starting the 2003 soon. Oh yeah my mom also told me how their is still one car that is under a vinyl screen. All she told me was that is has a spoiler. I suspect it's the v6 manual coupe. that I believe comes out sometime in 2003.

to-low-4-a-fat-hoe
08-08-2002, 07:27 PM
i need to find an easy way to do a swap with not that much trouble. i blew my a20 into little chunks of nothing. 2 months after i put in a new tranny. that hurt me... anyone with a good advice where i could do a direct bolt on tell me. i dont want to be cutting wires and making home made mounts that give up. i need some help.....

shepherd79
08-09-2002, 04:12 AM
hey to-low-4-a-fat-hoe
try to start the new thread. this way you may be able to get more replys.

night
08-12-2002, 07:37 PM
it is useless to get an LXi to do a swap.

nearly everything different about the LXi will be thrown out anyway. the only thing needed is the fuel return. the carbs will not flow even slightly enough to keep up. but running another line is easy as hell. no big deal.

there are many more things to worry about....

toastyghost
08-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Hey night (or anyone else for that matter) do you know if that logic applies to JDM B20A? I'm not sure but it seems that it would use more of the A20A stuff for injection since it is a stock motor. I'm not about to get sick new motor and put gh3y carbs on it. Sorry all you DCOE or WAHTEVAR people but I still have a bad taste in my mouth b/c my ride has had overrevving problems since I bought it, due to some shit wrong with the carb. And I also prefer EFI b/c I like the idea of having room to expand even if I can't afford the expansion immediately... and there is a lot more tuneability to a FI sys than a carbed one. Like electronics and boost which I want eventually.

89AccordNate
08-18-2002, 07:58 AM
Well this post atleast put a smile on my face! Lets see, if you were THAT serious about it and you knew THAT much, then wouldnt you go ask them yourself? Why would you have your mom do it? hahahaha! "mom, can you speak some tech engine terms with the honda guys today when you go by, see how much a b16a swap will cost, I have an hair appointment". Thats so homo!

I can imagine the look on the guys face when she walks in there and goes "my son wants to do a b16a engine swap". He probably thought "well shit, where in the hell is your son then!?".

Do stuff yourself, quit being a mommas boy, your only asking to get laughed at....and thats the worse way possible....and you have to meet this guy face to face! Man I would look at you like your such a wannabe.

Dream on.

Nate.

89cordlx
08-18-2002, 11:55 AM
ok you don't need to be an ass. nor or people allowed to just walk into the Honda plant. I have talked to him on the phone as well... not like anyone asked.