PDA

View Full Version : Listen to this sad tale

mr_picky
05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
So my daughter decides to use me little 3gee 87LXI to go to the store. Calls me up (I am 1,000 miles away at a funeral) and says the car is grinding and wont move. So I tell her to leave it at the store. I am coming home the next day. Anyway, I get home the next day around 2:00 a.m., and decide to go get me little 3gee. First I look under the car and see MY FUCKIN DRIVEAXLE TORN IN HALF. Yes, thats right the drivers side axle is in two separate pieces. And BTW the lower balljoint castle nut is no longer attached. Cotter pin and all is missing. So, I go get me a nut to put back the lower balljoint and try to tow it. Bad idea, the shaft is binding up against the inboard cv joint. AWW, WTF I have to get under the car and pry the inboard cv joint outta the tranny. JUST TO TOW THE CAR!!! This halfshaft was just replaced by a certified mechanic. Just a cautionary tale of woe to all you guys and girls out there. Yea I am going to take it back to the shop that did it and get this shit done right.

AccordEpicenter
05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
this is why i work on my own shit

mykwikcoupe
05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
me too. i may not be a certified tech but Im very mechanically inclinded an who else is going to take as good of care of your care. The guy who does it for a paycheck of the guy who drives and babies it all the time. Well maybe not baby but you know what i mean. Oh and epeicenter in reply to your other thread. i know what you mean. Some people shouldnt sell tools to other people. They dont know what they are for. ESPECIALLY the torque wrench. Jusdt get the 350 mac or snapon. My friends harbor freight sheered of his stud at 80 ft lbs. Yeah right. He should have known better.