PDA

View Full Version : Want an engine that i can actually have to talk about.

Trick87Accord
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
I have a 88 accord stock i want and engine that is FI and that has some power but doesn't really include a lot of money i mean if i have to save up for a while then that fine, maybe i can get one somewhere cheap... Any suggestions? I want to have the speed to actually race people. Lol sounds kind dumb coming from a newbie... What do you guys thinK? :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

mouchyn
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM
sell your car and buy something faster? there aren't any easy or cheap engine swaps for this car and it doesn't sound like you would be doing your own work, anyway.

save your pennies, sell your car, and buy something with balls if you want to race. if you want a reliable grocery getter, keep your accord.

mykwikcoupe
05-02-2005, 08:37 PM
buget turbo. Go to homemadeturbo.com and start reading. The largest expense that you cant find used someplace is the turbo manifold. but thats being fixed by many other board members

2drSE-i
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I have a 88 accord stock i want and engine that is FI and that has some power but doesn't really include a lot of money i mean if i have to save up for a while then that fine, maybe i can get one somewhere cheap... Any suggestions? I want to have the speed to actually race people. Lol sounds kind dumb coming from a newbie... What do you guys thinK? :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

based on what you have given us......the only logical engine swap with FI for little money wud be B20.....but if you want the speed to actually beat people, i gotta agree......get a new car

if you'll notice, a majority of the people on the board like their cars because their dependable and relatively easy to upkeep, not to race them and beat people on the streets (which is stupid anyway). A certain few have tried (and are still trying) to make their 3geez 10 second race cars, and there is only one who i can think of (dont have me if i have forgotten you) and he only achieved it through massive amounts of work and $$$$$$

i wish you luck, but i gotta straighten you out.

Everything worthwhile is worth working for.

mouchyn
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
i just saw an 88 5.0 mustang in the paper for $700. new paint job, rebuilt tranny, decent interior, 130k miles.

if you want to go fast, there are easier and cheaper was to do it than with an old accord.

88accordalltheway
05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
based on what you have given us......the only logical engine swap with FI for little money wud be B20.....but if you want the speed to actually beat people, i gotta agree......get a new car

if you'll notice, a majority of the people on the board like their cars because their dependable and relatively easy to upkeep, not to race them and beat people on the streets (which is stupid anyway). A certain few have tried (and are still trying) to make their 3geez 10 second race cars, and there is only one who i can think of (dont have me if i have forgotten you) and he only achieved it through massive amounts of work and $$$$$$

i wish you luck, but i gotta straighten you out.

Everything worthwhile is worth working for.
you are thinking of johnnyO with his 10 sec hatch.

Lok
05-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Everything depends of how much money you want to spend?
The cheapest you can do, for have one FI engine, is to swap one good A20A3 with 120 crank hp from one Accord LX-I (scrap yard).
You will need the full engine, exhaust manifold, wiring harness, ECU, fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel tank, the rear control arms-disc brakes, etc.
After you finish with the swap, you can bolt-on a straight pipe and one 2.25 inch cat-back exhaust, F.P.R with gauge, together with one ICEMAN CAI and one good engine service (injector cleaning, valve clearance, change all the filters and oils) will give you 130+crank hp which will be very nice for first stage.
I think you have all ready custom cat-back exhaust and short shifter???
If you have the DX then it will be better because you are more lightweight, and if you haven't got A/C and P/S will be better because you'll have less wheel looses.
Of course it will be still difficult for you to Race the EF-EG Civic/CRX or Integra with
B16A/B18C VTEC engines, but I think you could race CIVIC/CRX-Integra with ZC swap or B18A/B18B engines and many old Domestic Cars with 3-5L engines.....
Also don't waste your money on new rims, through stock rims 13' or 14' are Ok for 130-135hp and also don't waste your money on Stereo systems that will add weight.
Stay as stock as possible on interior-exterior mods.
This, I think, is the initial cheapest way to go fast and race other cars......
But as I said before everything depends of how much you want to spend???

Good luck with your set-up.

2drSE-i
05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
well, i didnt wanna name names, because there mightve been more than one and i didnt wanna leave them out lol

johnny o needs to come back, his car was BAD