PDA

View Full Version : Fooling out the EGR code?

AccordEli
05-03-2005, 05:34 AM
I could give 2 craps if my EGR works correctly, I would just like to quit throwing the code. This cannot be that difficult. The lift sensor is just a variable resistor. Has anyone ever figured out how to fool the ecu into thinking everything is ok with the EGR?

Thanks,

-Eli

shepherd79
05-03-2005, 07:50 AM
there is no way you FOOL ECU.

AccordEli
05-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Oh there is a way....It just hasn't been found yet I guess. I need to know what range of values the ECU is looking for from the lift sensor during open and closed loop modes.

-Eli

shepherd79
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
if you can hack into ECU and get it fixed that would be great, but i think it is a lot cheaper and faster just to fix the problem.

Strugglebucket
05-03-2005, 02:21 PM
i remember NXracer mentioning something about jumping the wiring so that the lift is always engaged and that getting rid of the code.

some other people have said they run it blocked off and never get a code. i dunno.

Vanilla Sky
05-03-2005, 02:23 PM
you can get an ECU from a general export EFI 3gee and it won't care if EGR is working or not (those cars weren't equipped with EGR if i remember correctly)

Oldblueaccord
05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I could give 2 craps if my EGR works correctly, I would just like to quit throwing the code. This cannot be that difficult. The lift sensor is just a variable resistor. Has anyone ever figured out how to fool the ecu into thinking everything is ok with the EGR?

Thanks,

-Eli

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=42359

check #10 I think that is the correct voltages. My idea is to tap into another voltage supply and wire that to it.

wp