PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone researched or read about the twin loop muffler?

Micah 89LXi
05-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I did a little poking myself and I decided to go for it..it couldnt possibly be worse than my stock one anyways...mugen one is like 2k, I got the OBX replica for way less..$110 shipped from Egay..from the threads ive read it sounds promising...supposed to be the best sounding muffler for a 4cyl.. the sound clips ive heard are pretty nice...lemme know what you guys think

Busted_Blue
05-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I thought about it but, OBX doesnt have R&D and I would never buy a product from them. Have fun with it though. I am curious what will happen.

A20A1
05-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Haven't looked into it, but it would be nice to know it just to add to my general exhaust knowledge.

Micah 89LXi
05-03-2005, 08:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7971716299&category=33636

Thats where i got mine from i see theres a few twin loop..mpower wont fit under a normal car..the OBX looks like the closest to the mugen design..i guess that netami is alright..but mine was super cheap compared

zero.counter
05-03-2005, 09:22 PM
OBX and their reverse engineering again. This twin chambered muff is supposed to be quieter and supposed to proved more of a mid to high range...at least the $1k mugen system does. Not many have tried the OBX one, be the test subject.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-03-2005, 09:47 PM
the twin loop is supposed to sound awesome, but not have the best power gains, I think it is a wicked exhaust though, and would get one if i could find one cheap enough.

Busted_Blue
05-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Found a thread about it on honda-tech.com

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1219989

Micah 89LXi
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
thats the thread i read...i will test it as soon as it come to my door...im goin nuts..i hate the waiting game..i got mine (am waiting for) for $110 is that cheap enough for you??

shepherd79
05-04-2005, 12:34 PM
take some pictures. i want to see how it will look when it is in place.

Busted_Blue
05-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Well turns out my roommates is classmates with the owner of Sparctec motorsports (the one that sells the OBX products on ebay) and perhaps I might for shits n giggles play around with one. Will keep ya guys updated.

edit: well after some reading about OBX, seems like they are coming up. Seems like they are getting better quality products but it still suffers because of their reputation with their older products. Perhaps this will be nice. Who knows.

Right now my exhaust drones my ears. (22inch resonator, highflo cat, straight-thru 2.25 magnaflow oval muffler) so maybe I'll test this product as well. :D

I just bought the OBX Twin Loop (I thought I never hear myself say that) but yea $85 bucks picked up. I went against my previous words after some research. If Skunk2 became reputable after having a bad rep maybe OBX can turn around too? Two test cars and we'll see how it goes. Definitely Sound clips coming up soon from me of my stock vs magnaflow vs obx =)

Micah 89LXi
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
tell him to get on the ball and ship my muffler then..heh

phrenology
05-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Hmmm looks like a pretzel with alot of restriction to me, but I'm no exhaust expert. How do you mount that beast?

Busted_Blue
05-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Hmmm looks like a pretzel with alot of restriction to me, but I'm no exhaust expert. How do you mount that beast?

weld hangers onto it =) its a universal muffler, they dont have prewelded hangers on it.

Micah,
I don't personally know him, my roommate does so yea I can ask perhaps. I am picking it up tomorrow.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-04-2005, 10:46 PM
OBX is like APC in the end they are both crap!

I spent the money and bought a decent cat-back for my lude Apexi WS is the best exhaust I have ever heard on a honda. Sounds good and is very effective without the noise.

Micah 89LXi
05-05-2005, 04:59 PM
tell your friend at sparktec motorsports that my muffler should have been shipped monday...he freakin didnt ship it till today...and i cant even track it yet...and it says its due may 14th...what the hell is that may 14th...>_<

Busted_Blue
05-05-2005, 09:54 PM
tell your friend at sparktec motorsports that my muffler should have been shipped monday...he freakin didnt ship it till today...and i cant even track it yet...and it says its due may 14th...what the hell is that may 14th...>_<

number one: HE IS NOT MY FRIEND. My roommate knows him not me.
number two: What he does with business, I am not liable for so please do not assume I will just help you because of some sort of mishap that I have no responsibility for.

Hell, I didn't even get the muffler from him today when he said he would meet me up. Oh well. I took a look at the bottom of where the muffler is and there doesn't seem to be much room hidden like the integra inside the bumper for that extra loop. We'll see how this goes.

Mike,

Skunk2 used to be Skunkwerx that used to be Group A. They used to have a bad reputation and look at them now. They make quality products that many other honda members give thumbs up to. It is POSSIBLE that OBX trying to follow that route like Skunk2. At least it looks like OBX is making better replica products.

joker2
05-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Well, in Nissan world, OBX makes nice products..... Like my '97 Altima has stainless headers and a stainless full out exhaust from OBX and the thing is incredible sounding.... :rockon:

Micah 89LXi
05-06-2005, 09:10 PM
it was more of a joke really....i didnt mean for you to take it seriously..and certainly it was nothing against you sir...we sahll see how it is once i get it..it should arrive may 12th and ill have it put on asap...ill take pictures and have sound clips up and all that soon after...but right now i cant wait..im excited...oh also i dont know if any of you know what a turbo sound kit is but i got one of those too on a whim..im guessing it makes a turbine sound when you accerlate but we shall see in time..as of yet no word on if that has even shipped..and i actually bought that from a website as opposed to emay www.4caroption.com the turbo sound kit is on page 3 of the muffflers..they gpt some pretty sweet looking stuff..but its all no brand..i was gonna get the dual fart cannon but i think there is even less room for that under there..but im rambling now so its time for bed..laters

gfrg88
05-06-2005, 09:34 PM
turbo sound kit?
:werd:

A20A1
05-06-2005, 09:38 PM
turbo sound kit?
:werd:

Sure they exist:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37169
scroll down and look for wannabe turbo

or go to this link directly
http://www.sunamiturbo.com/

gfrg88
05-07-2005, 06:43 AM
oh i know they exist its just that ummm.... thats kind of dumb, why would you waste your money on that?

Micah 89LXi
05-07-2005, 06:53 PM
no it isnt that..its a little turbine sound thing that fits in the muffler tip...it was a whole $10..i just wanted to see..for kicks

Busted_Blue
05-08-2005, 01:57 AM
no it isnt that..its a little turbine sound thing that fits in the muffler tip...it was a whole $10..i just wanted to see..for kicks

OH GOD, WHISTLER TIPS. HOW GAY. :thumbdown:

it all started here in the bay area in Oakland. Bubba Rubb and his doings! Damn that video for spreading around the internet!

anyways, Decided not to get the OBX muffler. I'll just get used to my magnaflow.

Micah 89LXi
05-11-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.turbowhistler.com/ there is a sound clip on the home page...it sounds like a turbo im actually impressed...but i am still waiting for this..cause I made the mistake of buy it now on ebay (thought this was the only place that had them) and dude only accepts money orders..what a loser...so more waiting...ahhhh
www.turbosoundwhistler.com
its this crazy whistle thing that is aparently really big in UK and Europe
yeah..dont order from www.4caroption.com WHATEVER you do...i have waited 2 weeks with no reply..their website is all messed up and I cant get them on the phone...when I called them the answering message said it was for something called rs version.com and no comments from BBB either..tho their website wasnt exactly working either

Micah 89LXi
05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
okay the BBB gave 4 car option a rating of F...thats wonderful news to hear once you have already given them your order...i should have been more careful.

Busted_Blue
05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
hmmm turbo whistler? now that is rice :(

Micah 89LXi
05-11-2005, 07:59 PM
but it isnt gaudy rice...for all to see and hate..or admire depending on how retarded a person is

Busted_Blue
05-11-2005, 08:08 PM
but it isnt gaudy rice...for all to see and hate..or admire depending on how retarded a person is

true, but rice = sounds too :(

BACK TO THE SUBJECT..

did you happen to get your twinloop yet?

danronian
05-12-2005, 06:58 AM
I've heard alot about these twin-loop mufflers on clubcivic.com and everyone there who bought one really like the sound (the cheap ebay one).

Micah 89LXi
05-14-2005, 06:18 AM
i got it on finally...at idle very little tone..crusing quiet as stock..but when you get on it....ohh man does it sound nice..soon as i figure out how ill post a sound clip

i got pics i just need to upload somewhere that will let me host pics

blownoffvalve
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
those are suppposely very very quiet

Micah 89LXi
05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
without acceleration almost as quiet as stock..but under acceleration..well..its got a nice low tone to it..low low low..no rice buzz sputter

Micah 89LXi
05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
if it fools movie goers it should fool the people around here...its just a toy and i cant wait to play...once the dang thing actually gets here..the turbo whistle that is

gfrg88
05-24-2005, 08:26 PM
:stupid:

mr eff
05-24-2005, 09:00 PM
there's a WRX here who has like stock turbo (they do come stock, right? heh -- drunk :(), enormous blow off valve -- to the point it probably hurts performance--, and the muffler whistle.

i can hear the guy shifting from miles away before i can even hear his fart can. it's absurd..

brrrrrrrTWEEEEEEEEEEEEETbrrrrrrrrrrSTWEEEET

Micah 89LXi
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
yes WRX is stock turbo...der...oh okasy i didnt see the drunk..werll im on a lot of lortab right now cause i just lost my wisdom teeth..so i feel ya