PDA

View Full Version : sensor on engine block

smufguy
08-07-2002, 01:49 PM
THERE IS A SENSOR BWT THE OIL FILTER AND THE ALTENATOR. WHAT IS THAT SENSOR? WHERE IS THE CONNECTOR FOR THAT ON THE EFI ENGINE BAY HARNESS/?????

YK86
08-07-2002, 02:55 PM
The one right above the oid filter is the oil pressure sending unit. The connector is in the same spot as the carbed harness. The other one on the back side of the block is for carbed only. My EFI block had a cap/screw on it. I'm guessing it's another thermo-sensor (sorry too lazy to check in my manual).

smufguy
08-07-2002, 05:10 PM
okay here it is i was wrong about the location. the sensor on the block is bwt the egr box and the oil filter. i can see the sending unit above teh filter, but i was confused about it. thans man.

if there is anyway, can u ask carotman to reply to this thread? cant seem to find that dude anywhere :(

smufguy
08-08-2002, 06:32 AM
anyone help me out here?

doug
08-08-2002, 06:49 AM
the one right above the oil filter is, as already mentioned, oil pressure. On carb models the water temp sending unit is also
in the block under the intake manifold.

smufguy
08-08-2002, 02:17 PM
okay, like u said YK86, the sensor is bypassed. thanks man. i was freaking out why i dont have a connector for that shit. damn these swaps freak the shit out of you. hehehehe, either way. i put my intake manifold in, all the wiring is done and all i gotta do now, is get hold of my positive cable. hook up the radiator and pwr steering pump. gas tank and dash and i am all set to go. i need one full day with all that shit in my hands to get my car up and runnin.