PDA

View Full Version : Car Won't Start..TIPS, LXi- AUTO

FishyMan
05-03-2005, 07:02 PM
:dunno:

I decide to make a thread dedicated to my scenario instead of jacking other's. I actually did a search and decided to post on their thread first, but I am wanting more response before I tackle the problem.

I am given a free 3rd Gen Accord, LX-i Auto, about 80k. The folks don't know what is wrong with the car as it can't won't start. It has a new battery, and they tried jumping it yet it won't start. I will go down and turn the key at each interval stage and let u know what I hear, or feel. (ticks or clicks or what not)

I don't know where to begin, but I want to start it up and drive it home so I can start on it.

I will be looking at the spark plugs, wires, coolant, oil, fuse box. Will turn on things to see if have power. I really just wanan jump it and drive it home. Any tips or suggestions as what I can do to diagnose problem? I don't want to visit the 3rd gen constantly. I will take pics and let you guys know.

Any suggestions welcomed. I realize it can be a fuel problem, and if it deems to hard to get going, well..... :sadwave:

Thanks

Oldblueaccord
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
:dunno:

I decide to make a thread dedicated to my scenario instead of jacking other's. I actually did a search and decided to post on their thread first, but I am wanting more response before I tackle the problem.

I am given a free 3rd Gen Accord, LX-i Auto, about 80k. The folks don't know what is wrong with the car as it can't won't start. It has a new battery, and they tried jumping it yet it won't start. I will go down and turn the key at each interval stage and let u know what I hear, or feel. (ticks or clicks or what not)

I don't know where to begin, but I want to start it up and drive it home so I can start on it.

I will be looking at the spark plugs, wires, coolant, oil, fuse box. Will turn on things to see if have power. I really just wanan jump it and drive it home. Any tips or suggestions as what I can do to diagnose problem? I don't want to visit the 3rd gen constantly. I will take pics and let you guys know.

Any suggestions welcomed. I realize it can be a fuel problem, and if it deems to hard to get going, well..... :sadwave:

Thanks

Probably want to make sure its not siezed (the motor) up to start with. I would get to hyped to dump money into it until you got a chance to look at it better.

The second thing is depending where you are it probably didnt pass emissions and they didnt want to fool with it anymore.

If the batter is good 12.7 volts and its doesn't even turn over its gonna take some work.

wp

AccordEpicenter
05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
did you try a starter?

FishyMan
05-03-2005, 09:29 PM
im in hawaii, and its driven by a family, so its not like a race car or stuff like that, where its beaten out or what not. i agree and ponder why a 'honda' would not even start up even a new bat.

perhaps it was a lemon.

im guessing its the starter? they just didn't care for it, but i will take a look and then decide if its worth pursuing. i love the 3rd gen, and just want a beater for beach, and commute..

how can i make sure it isn't the starter or is the starter? what do i need to do? of course im not gonna go out and buy stuff for it w/o knowing how it is.

but thanks again..

FishyMan
05-05-2005, 01:47 AM
just an update. they said.. they FIXED it, something bout battery, connectors was dirty or i d k... but anyhow im gonna go take a look. im either gonna take it off their hands or sell it for 50/50 w/ my uncle who has first dips as its his friend who is giving it away

the baby has only 70k.. :) .. stoked... even though its an auto.. i like how it its :) i love the head lights that dont over take the hood..

A20A3inside
05-05-2005, 07:24 AM
man, this sounds like a problem i have all the time...

sometimes there is a wire leading to the starter that becomes disconnected. all you may have to do is reconnect it. if you take the intake piping off, then look right there at the starter, you should be able to see if it is connected. sometimes it is a stealthy little bastard and it will hide on you....just feel around there for a min and you may find it if in fact it was disconnected.....hope it helps...

FishyMan
05-05-2005, 12:07 PM
man this is really funny. but i not gonna pin point or blame.

it end up being a CIVIC.. kinda shabby, but a/c and auto 78k... i started it once, and i turned it off, started it again and then it wouldn't work till i jumped it..