PDA

View Full Version : what else could cause this

b20a86lude
05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok today i changed the oil and and oil filter of course put high mileage 5w30 in it with stop leak and ring seal and also kand w engine cleaner in it;. put everyhting back on drove home maybe 10 miles parked it for like 4 hours worked on it soon as i got home jsut wipping things off tighneup the cai and there was this mis hose that comes form the back of the manifold and i figured that it has been not connected for so long so i found this plugged up tube on top of the manifold right behind the throttle body right beside the map sensor and tps sensor so i put that hose there and took my pvc valve off cleaned the gunk out oif it with my rag blew in to it withh my mouth make sure i could feel air and put fuel injectoer cleaner in it stp. drove to the gas station 3 hours later put 93 octane in it which i never put in at all drove on the highway for like 20 miles. got off the exit and the intake started to get really loud ( i do not have a exhaust but stock exhaust jfyI) so i dedced to hit vtec and it was like it woudlnt but very very hard to hit vtec didnt want to go past nearly 5 .3rd gear and 4th gear and 2nd gear were very very loud louder than normal and i had a hard hard time accleerating it would barly even go and then it started gettin slowwer and .i tryed to make it up the hill and now it barly just barly made it up the hill and i tryerd acclerating in 3rd gear nothin 2nd gear just barly enough power to make it up a slight hill and it did this all the way home and now my check engine light is o.n what could it be im scarded that it might be a rod hopefully not if so no more lude for like 4 months . please please help
and today i changed the sprk plugs

mouchyn
05-04-2005, 02:40 PM
what engine cleaner did you put in with the oil? all engine cleaners that i've seen that go in the oil only have to run for 5 minutes at idle and then they have to be drained out.

what code are you throwing?

TechnoGecko
05-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I agree with the above, most engine cleaners do require you to remove them fairly soon. Some of that no-leak stuff also clearly says on the bottle not to allow the car to sit after you put it in, that you should drive the car for 30 minutes to allow that material to move around and not clump up.

.. I'd see what code you're being given. Mabye you just fouled up a sensor...

b20a86lude
05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
yea the engonecleaner i ran for approxmentaly 6 min drained it out and then also for the no leak as soon as i was done with the oil change i drove home and thats a 20 min drive home and parked it for 4 hours i cant ecven make it up the streeet but i ahve to drive 30 min to my mechanic tommorwo morning and ill be going slow as heell it does not woant o go past 4 rpms it gets incredbly slower

Oldblueaccord
05-04-2005, 06:41 PM
yea the engonecleaner i ran for approxmentaly 6 min drained it out and then also for the no leak as soon as i was done with the oil change i drove home and thats a 20 min drive home and parked it for 4 hours i cant ecven make it up the streeet but i ahve to drive 30 min to my mechanic tommorwo morning and ill be going slow as heell it does not woant o go past 4 rpms it gets incredbly slower

"Thar she blows"

Any chance you have or dont have oil pressure? V-tec needs pretty high oil pressure to push those rockers over.

Just a tip when a motor wont rev past a certian point LET OFF. Every motor I blew I did by trying to push past that "spot".

wp

shepherd79
05-05-2005, 04:03 AM
i have to agree. i think you did a big mistake by putting some of that oil stop leak in there. your oil pressure is low.
check your oil pressure.

A20A3inside
05-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I would also say to check right underneath the intake manifold...on top of the oil filter...make sure that wire is connected to the oil sending unit. not saying that is the problem, but might give some more pressure to ya...

b20a86lude
05-06-2005, 07:39 AM
thnx guy uwere a big help heres the results i changed the pvc valve cauas emy dad suggested it i didnt think it woudl do shit and then htere was this clunking in my pipes liek a golf ball bouncing in there and found out that the cataltic converterhad that stuff all broken and stuff in there so i took it off and cleaned every bit of oit out and the car runs normal now y after all that troubel shootin dfo u think it was the catalic converter uh yea and after i changed the pvc valve it still did it not until the cat was gutted did it go back to normal very very weird

Blkblurr
05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
If your car is burning oil it will clog the cat evenually. The rate at which it clogs is dependant on how much oil it burns. the symptoms of a clogged cat are exactly what happened to you.

mouchyn
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
thnx guy uwere a big help heres the results i changed the pvc valve cauas emy dad suggested it i didnt think it woudl do shit and then htere was this clunking in my pipes liek a golf ball bouncing in there and found out that the cataltic converterhad that stuff all broken and stuff in there so i took it off and cleaned every bit of oit out and the car runs normal now y after all that troubel shootin dfo u think it was the catalic converter uh yea and after i changed the pvc valve it still did it not until the cat was gutted did it go back to normal very very weird

replace the cat. dont just hollow it out. be nice to your envinronment and fellow motorists sitting behind you at stop lights and drive throughs.

Versanick
05-08-2005, 12:11 AM
definitely replace the cat. Just driving without a cat twenty or so minutes, we both felt indefinitely sick. days afterward, we still were very sick. unburnt gasoline fumes are poisonous, as well as burned oil and a few other things that are a product of that imperfect combustion.

for your own health.

shepherd79
05-08-2005, 08:25 AM
definitely replace the cat. Just driving without a cat twenty or so minutes, we both felt indefinitely sick. days afterward, we still were very sick. unburnt gasoline fumes are poisonous, as well as burned oil and a few other things that are a product of that imperfect combustion.

for your own health.

you got sick because you had no cat on it?
WTF?
I have no cat on my car and i never get any fumes inside my car.
you exhaust must be leaking somewhere.

mouchyn
05-08-2005, 12:16 PM
you got sick because you had no cat on it?
WTF?
I have no cat on my car and i never get any fumes inside my car.
you exhaust must be leaking somewhere.

if he has a leak or not, the point is still valid. If they had a leak and got sick inside the car, people outside or behind the car are getting the same fumes. I can definitely tell when i'm sitting behind a catless car at a stop light or at a drive through.

BlueBead
05-09-2005, 05:20 PM
do a high flow cat and you'll be legal and still have the airflow