PDA

View Full Version : engine before/after carb intake

staticpat
08-07-2002, 02:50 PM
this is my engine before i did any work, and had the valve cover gasket sealed with gasket maker

http://home.cyberarmy.com/enygma/accord/engine.jpg

this is it now, and my custom carb intake.

http://home.cyberarmy.com/enygma/accord/engine2.jpg

YK86
08-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Good work! I think you maybe the first to make a "real" carbed intake.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-07-2002, 03:51 PM
DUDE!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT U DID!! BUT IT LOOKS FACKING GEWD!!! NOT TO FAMILIAR ON HOW A CARB WERKS, BUT U GET THE BIG E EFFORT!! IT ROCKS DUDE!!!MY FRIEND HAS A CARBED LX!! I WILL PRINT OUT THESE PICS AND SHOW HIM!!! MAYBE IT WILL HELP HIM!! EVER THOUGHT OF POSTING A HOW-TO? GEWD WERK DUDE!!

A20A1
08-07-2002, 07:58 PM
what... what... I was the first.... grrrrrrrrrr
you guys gotta check my web site once and a while...
.A20A1's site (http://www.geocities.com/accord89lx/index.html)
I welded everything together... only thing was I should have usde the flex joiont... but all they had at the time was the 45 degree angled pipe... it's alos 0.50" smaller the the diameter I wanted to use.

JDBallin was the second person to make a real intake
His used the flex pipe and I will post his pic on my site as well

87DXHatch
08-08-2002, 07:17 AM
Seriously, Staticpat, you should start making those. I would easily pay $50 just for the tubing and stuff, cone filter not included!

One question, though, what did you do with all the sensors and stuff that were incorporated into the airbox? That would be my only concern... but I would absolutely love one of those...

Also, what about the hot air return tube that also went into the airbox? I suppose Alabama doesn't get too cold in the winter but Minnesota does. Is there any way I could rig that up to shoot warm air in there too?

Thanks

87DXHatch
08-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Oh, and one more thing, does anyone know if, with the airbox gone, a Strut tower bar would now work?

staticpat
08-08-2002, 07:52 AM
im not too worried about the cold start sensors for now, but i dont know whats gonna happen when i need it again. you can easily incorporate anything that went into the airbox into your intake, just trace the lines, and rig them back up.

Mantis88LX
08-08-2002, 08:59 AM
what did u use to make that?

looks good, any power increase?

staticpat
08-08-2002, 10:39 AM
k&n filter, flexible exhaust piping, and made the cup thing and adapter out of air conditioning metal sheets, soldered together and coated in cold weld muffler repair goo. check out my threads in the performance, and carb tech sections for more info on what i did. i noticed a way bigger power increase then expected. im gonna try to get a cup/adapter professionally made and welded, but this is fine for now.

Mantis88LX
08-08-2002, 11:45 AM
man we need to meet so i can check it out in real life

87DXHatch
08-08-2002, 12:56 PM
How much did it all cost you to make, Staticpat?

I am very serious when I say if you started making these, I would definitely buy one.

staticpat
08-08-2002, 01:35 PM
if i can get a professional one welded, i may get a couple extras, not sure though. its not hard to build one yourself, i had alot of help and it only took a day. i got the filter off ebay for $36 shipped, $8 for flexible pipe, $3 for clamps, about $5 for the metal, $3 for cold weld, $8 for breather, plus whatever tubing i still have to buy. so about $65 pending you have all the tools (like blowtorch and solder).