PDA

View Full Version : Pully Bolts

86ACCORD2.0CARB
05-05-2005, 11:37 AM
i have a 1986 honda accord lx 2.0 carb and i just lost 2 of my pully bolts that mount 2 the motor. . ok the best way i can explain this problum is . the belt that goes around the altanator and the around the top pully off the motor. not the bottom pully. it has 3 bolts in a triangle shape. now my car is making a loud clicking sound. and i just got done driving 2 get sumthing and the clicking stoped but the low batt light came on then it started 2 overheat. im petty sure its cause my pully isnt turning right. but my question is does anyone out there know what the size and tread the bolts are? i could take it off and show it 2 the people at the place but then id have 2 remove everything 2 put the belt back on. :uh: thx alot 4 the help..

Vinny
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you are talking about the water pump pulley bolts. They are a Metric 7 x 9.5

SteveDX89
05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
You probably won't have much luck at an auto parts store. You'll probably have to buy them at Honda. Honda uses weird sizes and thread pitches that not many stores carry.

86ACCORD2.0CARB
05-05-2005, 03:48 PM
ok i got the bolts for the pully all 3 new 1s. and my batt light has shut off. i was just at the auto place and they said my overheating problum is because of a blow head. but after the pullys been fixed it didnt overheat on the way home.and they wanted $1000 for parts and labor 2 replace it. well less juss say when they said that my heart droped and got very very upset. but on the way home it was fine . im thinking it might b the thermostat. so i was gonna go get 1 and put it in. besides that my fans have never worked in this car yet its never overheated. im thinking they just wanted my money... :uh: or maybe not but either way it goes it ran home fine and didnt even show a lil raise in the temp.. it seems like everytime i fix sumthing sumthing else goes wrong. but thas what u get wit a 20yr old car i guess. so anyway should it b ok 2 drive or just go ahead and sell it :sad2: and iv cheacked under the oil cap and didnt see any white residew which is common for blow heads. thx