PDA

View Full Version : 90-93 f22/89LXI

msgoose84
05-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Alright i did some searching and really didnt get the answer i was looking for. I just would like to know if its possible, I have a 90 to 93 accord that has been wrecked at the body shop where i work. The car was totalled from be rearended but it has 63k actuall miles on it with a 5speed. Now is it possible to put the f22 in the place of the a20 engine, also i know the mounts arent going to match up. So i was wandering if anyone has heard of take the whole from subframe suspension and all out from under the f22 car, and putting it in place of the LXi's subframe. Look forward to hearing comments on this. Thanks Matt

mouchyn
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
the F22 uses the same mounts and wiring and stuff as the H22. look in the performance forum, engine swaps sub forum. you'll see a few threads about the H22 swap.

it'll cost you a bunch of money, but you can get it in there if you really want. I don't think it's worth it. Part your 90-93 accord out and get an H22 if you really want to do an engine swap into the 3G accord. I don't even think that's worth it, though.

AccordEpicenter
05-05-2005, 03:07 PM
yeah...uhh... do yourself a favor and forget about even considering this swap... just isnt worth it.

Immeraufdemhund
05-07-2005, 10:00 AM
i tried looking into switching subframes. The front one will mount up, but that is the easy one. The Rear one, and the most important, doesn't even come close to mounting up. It would be easier to just keep your 3g subframe. But then the other problem is finding the correct axel spline...and the problems just get deeper and deeper from their. I figured that if i could get it mounted with axels and everything, then I would be set, and the wiring is just a walk in the park. There are others who have the engine in..but i think they are still wondering about the axels. Too bad a person couldn't mount the 3g tranny to the f22....but that even has problems with splines...