PDA

View Full Version : CSI Accord Error

phrenology
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't know if anyone else has caught this. I hardly ever watch the show CSI, but I thought it was quite funny that a show so obsessed with detail royally f*cked up when it came to acurately portraying a suspect's vehicle. In this episode where they were trying to track down a third man suspected in a grocery store shooting as the wheel man, they cross referenced some paint chips left at the scene and pegged an Accord. Their first analysis revealed that it was Aegean Blue and was a model year 84-87 Accord. Obviously we know this is a cross generation conclusion. So I watched the next scene eagerly waiting for them to reveal the car. They finally fingered an 86 USDM Accord as the suspect's vehicle. In the master shot where the detectives are searching the car it's clearly and 84-85 Accord (four headlight, no-pop ups) even though the shot is slightly out of focus.

When they cut to the interior close-ups it appears that the Accord's interior is grey. The seats have a grey leather like texture with cloth centers. One of the detectives swabs the seat for PH analysis. The only Accord with Grey leather interior that looks like that is the 85 Se-i but they are all leather with no cloth. I know my Accord interiors real well (especially 84-85s, I'm working on one now) and it was an 84-85. Correct me if I'm wrong but no Accord in either generation came in Aegean Blue with Grey interior. I just thought that it was an amusing error and yes I'm an Accordork for noticing. :kekeke:

A20A1
05-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes you're a dork but we still love you just the same. :) lol

phrenology
05-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes you're a dork but we still love you just the same. :) lol

I just think its retarded that they couldn't actually find an 86 or 87 Accord to use for the shoot in Las Vegas or wherever they shoot that rubbish. Everyone drives an Accord and you can't go anywhere without practically tripping over a 3G Accord (at least around these parts) Lol.

Television is stupid. One time I watched a really pathetic episode of X-files while I was living in Boston. They were chasing that stupid monster down the old abandoned T-tunnel or something. But when thety had shots of the "T" it was clearly some CA commuter train. I think everyone in Boston who watched that crap had a good laugh. :wtf:

Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time working in film/tv and the like...oh yeah...the fame and millions of dollars... Screw BMWs! I'll still keep my Accord even if I'm filthy rich...It'll just be plated in gold!!! Bling Bling!

frankie89
05-05-2005, 07:19 PM
you sure know your accord smarts.....

phrenology
05-05-2005, 07:57 PM
you sure know your accord smarts.....

Here you go:

Honda Accord Paint Codes (http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/formula/car_detail.cfm?page_id=3&search_type=vehicle&form_vm=HONDA&form_vcc=&form_vy=1984&form_vcn=&Page_id=1)

CSI can suck it...I can't locate an "Aegean Blue"...hah they must ev' meant Baltic Blue...Aegean-Baltic close enough...but they still suck :tongue:

HondaBoy
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
the 2nd gen blue i guess your talking about right? i've never seen an SE-i in that color though. that was for base model and LX i think. was the interior of that SE-i in good condition? wonder what they did with the car. i bet the SE-i was really that grey color it came in. hey, when your serious about your accords you can usually find little things like that. pretty cool you noticed.

MIK3
05-05-2005, 09:16 PM
They finally fingered an 86 USDM Accord...

Heh, sorry...I didn't know they loved their accord as much as we do ours...

phrenology
05-05-2005, 09:19 PM
the 2nd gen blue i guess your talking about right? i've never seen an SE-i in that color though. that was for base model and LX i think. was the interior of that SE-i in good condition? wonder what they did with the car. i bet the SE-i was really that grey color it came in. hey, when your serious about your accords you can usually find little things like that. pretty cool you noticed.

Yeah the 2nd gen regular accords sedans and hatches (non Lx) came in a blue scheme with a nasty smurf-blue interior. The LX also came in a blue.

I've seen 3 85 Se-i accords in my life. The last one I saw was at the Junk yard. I looked at it for a day or so. We went back and got the leather seats which were in almost mint condition (not bad for 20+ year old car). We were going to take the interior leather door trim too but it wasn't great. We also nicked the Se-i badge for my friends 85 LX-Se-i conversion project. When I went back take some bits off the untouched ES3 (the first production USDM Honda EFI engine that I've seen) the whole car had disappeared. I bet someone besides me figured out what it was and took the car for the front clip. At least we got probably the last set of factory 85 Se-i leather seats in that condition. After all that I don't think I'm gonna use the Se-i seats...I'm not really into leather and the G2 Accord seat design isn't that great. I'm probably going to go with 3G Lude seats recovered.

I saw another 85 Se-i going down the road one time and I swear it was blue, but it could have been a repaint. It's crazy but true I'm slowly becoming a 2G Accord expert by association and necessity. I have so much left to do with my build but I'm getting there. The A20A3 should be in by month's end.

phrenology
05-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Heh, sorry...I didn't know they loved their accord as much as we do ours...

You dirty dirty bastard!!! Get your mind outta the gutter! LOL The last time I tried I got my finger stuck in the intake port!!!
:rofl:

MIK3
05-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Heh. Oops? On a more serious note I do admire your attention to detail in watching out for these accords. Always a good thing.

88accordalltheway
05-06-2005, 07:21 PM
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37834
:repost:

phrenology
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37834
:repost:

Hah, you got cred for catching it first but I think I described it more eloquently. :lol:

lostforawhile
02-12-2009, 08:42 PM
there was one on forensic files or one of those real life detective shows, 86 hatch,white, really nice. was the murder suspects car.

2ndGenGuy
02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I think we have our own investigation mystery. What happened to Phrenology? And do you think he still has his Accord? Sad not having him and PhydeauX around.

2drSE-i
02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
man they havent been around for a while huh...Miss those guys.

3rd Party
02-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Television is stupid. One time I watched a really pathetic episode of X-files while I was living in Boston. They were chasing that stupid monster down the old abandoned T-tunnel or something. But when thety had shots of the "T" it was clearly some CA commuter train. I think everyone in Boston who watched that crap had a good laugh. :wtf:

hey now, don't dog on X-Files...they're pretty good about their shit, and most people don't really care about, "T-tunnels" or, "CA commuter trains" :nuts:

AccordB20A
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
man i cant even say words like Phrenology and PhydeauX lol

Ichiban
05-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah last I heard there was some sad ass crap going on between him and LaurenAlexs or something. Apparently Carotman knew about it. I'm really disappointed he's not around anymore, seemed to know his shit.

phrenology
08-19-2010, 10:08 AM
No I'm back and have abandoned 2nd Gens for now. CA isn't kind when it comes to keeping older Accords on the road, although I have seen a few 2nd Gen Grey Hatchies rolling around...:crying: I need another one.:sadwave: