PDA

View Full Version : !986 honda accord taillights

Bigg_Nate2008
05-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I know i've already seen how to make ur own taillights but does any one know if theres some taillights that look sharp that will fit our cars and any body kits besides what we already have.

88accordhb
05-07-2005, 09:21 AM
not to be mean, but ever used the search? i know for sure body kits off other cars, ie. da integras and cb7's have been discussed. as for tail lights, nothing will fit except stock. others have done cb7 tails and it fits for sedans, but of course using body parts off other cars require some work like molding, bondo, cutting ect. if you want stock parts, a first generation front bumper will fit too with minimal work if you like their looks. also side skirts off a eg civic will fit the hatches since you have a hatch. this was JUST discussed like 2 days ago. all this info i got from the search. please use it. search search search search.

sporkHSP
05-07-2005, 06:45 PM
bored? try modding 88-91 civic lights, or maybe foxbody mustang lights... I dont know if either would work, but do what I do and eyeball and measure if you think it looks close, if you want custom, do all the work yourself, don't look for what has been done already.

(i have a taillight project coming this summer but you can rest assured that I will not be disclosing any details until they are done...this is already more than I was even going to say on the board.) Oh yeah,use the search.

edit. and you can't capitalize numbers. and fix your sig. you look like a noob.
Sorry, its finals week, and I'm stressed/ need some relief, and all of this is making me laugh.

Bigg_Nate2008
05-08-2005, 04:43 PM
thanks for the info man. But couldnt I take my taillights out put a peaice of metal over it weld it to the frame and then outline like some 90-93 honda accord or civic lines them cutting that outline out or do somthing like that!

88accordhb
05-08-2005, 05:10 PM
thanks for the info man. But couldnt I take my taillights out put a peaice of metal over it weld it to the frame and then outline like some 90-93 honda accord or civic lines them cutting that outline out or do somthing like that!
sure, you can do that yah,

or, or... you can not do that.

sporkHSP
05-08-2005, 05:11 PM
if you want to weld new housing for lights, you can. jsut keep in mind that you dont just have to weld one piece to the outside of the body, you have to weld in places for the lights to mount, and open spaces so that you can put the lights inplace and holes to change the bulbs. You would be best off hacking off the entire part of the car you are taking lights from and welding it into your accord. It will be expensive unless you are a good welder and have everything at your disposal. It would be easier to just mod your tails than to mod the entire back end.

Bigg_Nate2008
05-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I think im gonna just smoke out all my lights!