PDA

View Full Version : Help me with this please.

french_hustler
05-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Ok, I have been reading a lot about the Chamber/Intake Resonator. I have an 87 LX-I and I was wondering where it's located. Is it under the bumper? Is it easy to remove and is it worth it?

I have also an other question. I've installed a short ram intake and there was a little box attached to the right of the stock air box when I removed it. It is now lose under the hood. What is that box and those tubes? I have searched through all the posts and found little info on it. Some said to put it into the intake manifold? Should I leave it as is or what? I'm really confused about it. :ugh:

Thanks in advance.

A20A1
05-07-2005, 12:46 PM
It's probably just to reduce noise... honda likes quite motors in their production vehicles.

french_hustler
05-07-2005, 02:24 PM
ok i took it out but what about that box thats attached to the stock air box... can i rely the two tubes that go inside the little box together? Or just leave them open?

mouchyn
05-08-2005, 12:14 PM
what box are you talking about? on all of my LX-is, there was plastic tubing running from the passenger side fender to the stock air box. from there, it loops down under the throttle body and back up into the TB. I don't remember any other "boxes" attached to the stock intake system.

are you talking about the vacuum control box? you certainly need that...

A20A1
05-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I have no idea what box you mean?
The box in the left corner is all your vacuum valves / solenoids... etc... you need that... as for a box to the right of the air filter I dunno... I haven't seen one. But then again I haven't looked at many stock EFI motors to know where everything is.
How big is the box?

BTW which side is your steering wheel on? I forget if honda moved the control box over to make room for the brake cylinder and booster... I'm just thinking you could have the wheel on the opposite side.

french_hustler
05-11-2005, 03:45 PM
OK, this box was attached to the stock air box where the filter went in. It's pretty small (about 4x3x3). It has 2 tubes going inside, one which comes from the far side towards the driver's side (left), and one that comes from the driver's side of the throttle body. Now if I leave those tubes alone, the car's rpm goes up and down and everytime i rev the engine, you'd hear it suck air two times in a row. So I took both tubes out from the box, took out the one from the throttle body and relied the throttle body with the tube that comes from the extreme right (looking from the front of the car at the hood). The car runs fine but the box was there for a reason, is it as is? It's very hard to explain, maybe if you guys can't get it, i'll try to get a picture.

superguillermo
05-11-2005, 04:10 PM
OK, this box was attached to the stock air box where the filter went in. It's pretty small (about 4x3x3). It has 2 tubes going inside, one which comes from the far side towards the driver's side (left), and one that comes from the driver's side of the throttle body. Now if I leave those tubes alone, the car's rpm goes up and down and everytime i rev the engine, you'd hear it suck air two times in a row. So I took both tubes out from the box, took out the one from the throttle body and relied the throttle body with the tube that comes from the extreme right (looking from the front of the car at the hood). The car runs fine but the box was there for a reason, is it as is? It's very hard to explain, maybe if you guys can't get it, i'll try to get a picture.

YES! I had the same question when i first put in my short ram intake. All you have to do is keep those hoses plugged into the intake system. You can either plug them both into the intake manifold, or run them with the short ram (drill a hole and attach a hose connector). I kept the black box where two hoses plug-in...then I got a couple of feet of hose and attached that black box to my short ram (its probably much easier to just plug it into the intake manifold on a open line). I've seen other people use a small K&N type breather attached to that black box...makes it way easier by leaving it alone by itself.

I guess the reason for those is to have clean air into the vacuum system...so what better way to have clean air by tappin into the intake.

Robs89LXi
05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm still lost. Crankcase breather maybe?

french_hustler
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
k, thanks superguillermo.