PDA

View Full Version : 3k powerband drop, help?

halxi
05-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Ok well my problem is similar to 88accordlxcarb's problem, however mine is FI and its not as bad. When im accelerating in any gear (sometimes it does it in 1st, sometimes it doesnt) the car jults and the rpms drop at 3k, then it picks back up again and runs fine. What could be the problem? I just change the fuel filter, new wire/plugs, new air filter, etc. etc. full tune up thing. Also, after stopping at a stop light/sign (as an example) when i start moving again and press the gas pedal, the rpms drop then go up. Almost like its starving for air/gas. Ive had a couple places tell me that it MIGHT be the Fuel pump, but im a really poor high school student basically living on my own, so id like to get to the problem to start with and save some money.

Any and all help is greatly appriciated!

A20A1
05-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I found this post in a different thread

I just got my car back from the shop from a similar problem....check your fuel injector grounds, and all your fuel based grounds....turns out mine came loose, and would cause it to kick in and out past 3krpm...hope that helps.

halxi
05-07-2005, 07:27 PM
This may sound like a stupid question... but where exactly would the grounds be? :uh: