PDA

View Full Version : parking brake

zzzhondazzz
08-07-2002, 09:48 PM
How do i adjust my parking brake ?? Thanks
:barf:

pimp86LX
08-08-2002, 12:46 AM
do you mean the calbe? my cable adjusts by removing my armrest :flipa: and were the cable connects to the ebrake handle is right there and easily adjustable

TeKKnoTeKK
08-08-2002, 02:25 AM
yup yup....you just take out the center console and its hella easy to adjust

smufguy
08-08-2002, 06:31 AM
center colsole? well if u dont have an armrest like all the unfortunate ppl like me here, all u gotta do is just pop off the cover behind the ebrake and start adjusting. do check out the max u can go with a manual or paul's (aerodeck) website for the shop manual for specifications

DBMaster
08-08-2002, 11:59 AM
I have always found it easier to adjust the parking brake cable by removing the rear ash tray rather than popping the cover off below it. It just seems to allow better access.

ACCORD EX
08-08-2002, 12:41 PM
adjusting the parking brakes shouldn't be adjusted by tightening the cable under the console ! it should be done by taking the rear wheels off and loosening the nut that opens the brake shoes !
i 'll get a photo please wait !

ACCORD EX
08-08-2002, 12:56 PM
here you go see the marked part in the pic , it's an adjuster nut turn it counter clock wise by your finger ! use a flat screw driver if it's stuck and try getting some brake cleaner or use benzin !

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/brake.gif

MIKE

smufguy
08-09-2002, 04:31 AM
is'nt our parking break self adjusting? unless the pads are really worn down. u dont have to take the wheel off to adjust them right? besides, why would u wanna adjust them?

ACCORD EX
08-10-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
is'nt our parking break self adjusting? unless the pads are really worn down. u dont have to take the wheel off to adjust them right? besides, why would u wanna adjust them?

yes all cars are self adjusting but some times the wear is so hard so you can adjust it by hand and this way you will have better hand brake and less clicks !

MIKE