PDA

View Full Version : pics of my lx

14biggy
05-10-2005, 12:28 PM
it looks bad now, and it doesn't run. i'm working to make it better, but the b16 that i wanna get cost $1700. oh well, i guess i'll just keep saving.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Accord%20Pics/SupraPics021.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Accord%20Pics/SupraPics023.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Accord%20Pics/SupraPics024.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Accord%20Pics/SupraPics022.jpg

halxi
05-10-2005, 04:14 PM
if you took that spoiler off it wouldnt look all that bad, our cars + new riced spoilers = pure monstrosity (spelling?) maybe go with a factory spoiler look :)

88accordalltheway
05-10-2005, 04:28 PM
ugly spoiler, and i really hate those kinds of mufflers, let alone when they are welded crooked... Sorry, my opinions a little harsh, the car has potential though.

frankie89
05-10-2005, 04:40 PM
nice..sorry to hear it dont run...but a b16 swap sounds nice...

14biggy
05-10-2005, 04:51 PM
i wana get a carbon fiber hood, some spoon wheels, and either a carbon fiber trunk or wing, but not a crappy one like the one that's on there.

Not like a rock
05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I say put some money into rust reduction before getting CF crazy. with the money you spend on a hood and trunk (assuming you can find one), you could fix up the rust.

I recently spent $1200 on battling the rust, but that's cuz I'm up in Canada.

racerx
05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
nice straight body and paint job! other than the rust and wing, looks cherry.

i agree with "not like a rock" about rust prevention and repair. it wouldn't even cost you half of what a hood and trunk would cost.
What are you going for? looks, performance, safety, suspension?

I assume looks are pretty important to you if you want CF parts. Get rid o' that spoiler and get one from a junkyard.
I picked a Mazda spoiler up for $10 and it fit so perfectly! painted it black to match the bumpers and trim pieces. (i need to take a picture of that...)

racerx
05-10-2005, 08:23 PM
btw, looks like you gotta small smudge on the lens of your camera. (upper left area)

and, is that a sticker on the hood? what does it say?

superguillermo
05-10-2005, 09:47 PM
nice ride! Keep the spoiler...add a bodykit...some rims...and a nice paint. Keep us updated on the progess.

88Accord-DX
05-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree with killing the rust first. That shiet is like cancer, it spreads & will kill a car fairly fast. A smaller spoiler would look good. Do what you like though..
Have you figured out what might be wrong with the car yet, from not running?

Last but not least.... :welcome: to the board man.

racerx
05-10-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah, go ahead and post your troubles in the technical section and we'll see what we can do about getting you up and running.

just post what you know so far, and what you've tried.

88accordhb
05-10-2005, 10:34 PM
take off that wing, go back to stock exhaust, don't buy that b16, save youre money, be happy.

14biggy
05-11-2005, 10:38 AM
nice ride! Keep the spoiler...add a bodykit...some rims...and a nice paint. Keep us updated on the progess.

no, no bodykit. i'm looking for the jdm look. i agree with you guys, getting the rust stopped is first priorty. i think it's the fuel system that's keeping the car from running. anyway, i hope that i can get the car into honda tuning if i can, but only after a lot of work.

bullard123
05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Rust doesn't look too bad. Only looks like surface rust. Just go buy you a electric sander, sand it down to the bare metal ,and primer it.

Forgar_88
05-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey man, everyone has to start somewhere...

NXRacer
05-11-2005, 03:04 PM
ditch the wing and it'll start to look good!

My bumpers looked like yours do up until a little while ago. I bought a bottle of mothers black restore and it worked miracles. Its almost completely back to black, with one treatment!

exhaust isnt bad, i just got a new muffler on mine that looks like that.

set your priorities if you wanna keep that thing around. Visual accessories only look worse as time goes on if you dont fix the rust and all that stuff first.

14biggy
05-11-2005, 03:31 PM
yeah, i do really have to fix the rust. i just need the time. the front bumper is like ripped because when we took the front plate off, we had to almost rip it off. but it's not something a sander and some fiberglass can't do. :)

halxi
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
this may be a little off topic but, where did you find that mothers black restore stuff? i checked autozone and checkers, neither of them have it.

racerx
05-11-2005, 05:21 PM
i'm kinda surprised by that. i see it at advance auto parts all the time, or pepboys, if you dare to enter...

halxi
05-11-2005, 06:17 PM
I havent seen an advanced auto parts or pepboys anywhere here in colorado, only in Missouri, but then again, i dont leave brighton much.

As the others said, rust is the main target. I wish i could fix mine the right way but i dont see the point, so im just skipping that part and continuing on.

I have ONE tiny little spot (maybe 1"x3") on the rear right quarter, other then that its pretty clean lol.

racerx
05-11-2005, 09:47 PM
where is brighton, exactly? i see both stores in denver, cos, pueblo, ....

sporkHSP
05-11-2005, 09:57 PM
I havent seen an advanced auto parts or pepboys anywhere here in colorado, only in Missouri, but then again, i dont leave brighton much.

As the others said, rust is the main target. I wish i could fix mine the right way but i dont see the point, so im just skipping that part and continuing on.

I have ONE tiny little spot (maybe 1"x3") on the rear right quarter, other then that its pretty clean lol.
Where in MO were you?