PDA

View Full Version : trouble starting

ace69247no13
05-11-2005, 12:47 PM
i have looked all over in the forums here and have tried just about everything i have read short of pushing it off a cliff and just driving my camaro <---bit of a gas hog i have spark and as far as i can see fuel the pump is running but it just wont start there arent any codes showing i am stumped pleeeeease help

mouchyn
05-11-2005, 01:09 PM
if you're getting spark and fuel, it should at least try to start.

pull the spark plugs out and try to crank the engine. see if gas vapor spits out. If it does, check for spark again on all 4 cylinders.

if you have spark and gas and the car still doesn't start, push it off the cliff because it's possessed.

Janiel
05-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Was the car running fine before and did the problem just happen from one day to another? Sure way to find out thats it not a fuel problem is to shoot some carb cleaner down the TB while you have some one turn the engine over. For the spark you can buy a cheap tester at a autoparts that can tell if there is enough spark or any at all.

2dsei
05-13-2005, 10:14 AM
when you are staring your car leave the drivers door open and hit the side of your dash whale cranking if it strrats it time for a new main realy

morpheus_70
05-16-2005, 09:18 AM
i have looked all over in the forums here and have tried just about everything i have read short of pushing it off a cliff and just driving my camaro <---bit of a gas hog i have spark and as far as i can see fuel the pump is running but it just wont start there arent any codes showing i am stumped pleeeeease help

well what exactly is it doing

its not starting but is it turning over

can u hear ur fuel pump

have u tested spark

Autowiz
05-20-2005, 03:37 PM
if you have fuel and you have spark, perhaps you have a compression problem. be it late cam timing from a skipped timing belt, or head gasket, ring or valve trouble preventing the motor from building it's required compression. you can get a cheap compression tester at any parts store, cheap. but first, perhaps you should test your injector pulse, and make sure the injectors are firing, but if they are, and you DO have spark and fuel delivery, it has to be a compression related issue. good luck to ya, man.