PDA

View Full Version : Damnit!

FyreDaug
05-12-2005, 11:15 AM
The 8 auto yards in my region got a call from me today, one of them is an insurance salvage yard, and I was looking for a late 80's EX-i. This is the breakdown of what I found

Place 1: 5 LX, 1 EX, 1 EX-i
Place 2: 1 LX, 1 EX
Place 3: 1 LX exactly like mine besides color***
Place 4: None
Place 5: 1 EX-i very badly wrecked
Place 6: None
Place 7: 4 LX, 4 EX, 2 EX-i
Place 8: 1 EX-i

Problem is, I was looking for an 88-89 or any of the others swapped to disc brakes in the rear. No dice. However, there must be a swapped car around here somewhere, because the very last place we went to had an 89 EX-i with no brakes at all.

Anyways, long story short I cant put rear discs on my car right now. Looks like I'll be keeping those pesky drums.

*** Looks like I'll be buying this car for parts, its from the insurance salvage yard, and for some reason its in mint condition but its in the "written-off" part of the lot. So unless it has some major mechanical issues, I'll probably be picking it up. Its an A1 engine with a 5spd and I think it had less kms on it than mine does. Either way, its got all the body parts I want to repair/replace and if it has less kms its even better.

I donno if some of you have been watching my Supercharged carb thread (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43606&page=2) but this is the engine I will be working off of for fitment and what not.

Too bad I cant find an 88-89 exi though :( :uh:

FyreDaug
05-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Well looks like Im getting that one from SGI (insurance) for 350. Could only talk them down from 400, they just dropped the price on monday from 600 so they didnt wanna make it much cheaper. I'll take pics of mine, and then the parts car.

Damn, wish my car didnt have as much rust as it does. I want the parts cars' body :p (And interior, looks like it will all be swapped out, blue is much better :D)