PDA

View Full Version : Tokico HP's and H&R springs..

Acid X
05-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Alright, i've had numerous people tell me if i want to lower my car the *right* way, for the cheapest price, i should go for the Tokico's and H&R springs.

I've read that the Tokicos arent really very firm, and that they're more like replacement shocks.. But then i read somewhere else that they feel firmer than stock, so i was wondering:

If i was to get the H&R springs (softest available springs) and the tokicos, would my car bounce around, or do you think that the Tokicos can handle the springs?

Thanks in advance. :)

od2681
05-12-2005, 01:02 PM
depends on how much you lower ur car
i had tokicos...the max lowerin they said was to 1.5...mine was 2 inches...car was very stiff...they didnt blow out or anything....

sporkHSP
05-12-2005, 01:51 PM
A lot of users here have the Toks and H&R's, I would be doing the same thing, but I got a set of front Koni's from a shop in Malaysia about a month ago... Probably one of the last sets ever since this group buy probably won't go down...
Toks will handle the springs, but they are alittle bouncy on the front compared to stiffer struts(like Konis). The set-up will still be stiffer than stock, but not as stiff as if you pay big$ for parts.

Acid X
05-18-2005, 12:17 AM
How much rougher of a ride can i expect with the tokicos and H&Rs than stock? I like the way the car rides right now, but i dont want to have to sacrifice that nice ride just to lower teh thing.

snow_man_20
05-18-2005, 05:18 AM
How much rougher of a ride can i expect with the tokicos and H&Rs than stock? I like the way the car rides right now, but i dont want to have to sacrifice that nice ride just to lower teh thing.

H&R is one of the softest lowering springs you can get. still stiffer then stock but not as stiff as most.

'A20A3'
05-18-2005, 06:43 AM
Tokico's and H&R's are a joke. You'll be fine.

Acid X
05-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Why are they a joke?