PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box

kaltenacht
05-13-2005, 09:03 AM
I was looking at my fuse box under the hood the other day when I realized that there is what looks to be a power wire that runes to my fan. Its connected to one of my fuses in the fuse box... Well um I was wanting to kinda fix it because whenever I turn the ignition to auxliary the engine comes on, and is a big annoyance to me. So can anyone give me a generalized idea as to why someone would do that and how to go about fixing it? :dunno:

mouchyn
05-13-2005, 11:46 AM
If the wire wasn't put there by honda, remove it. Return the car back to stock condition before troubleshooting.

turning the ignition to the "1" position shouldn't make the engine come on... that's just weird. Does it actually start up?

or are you just talking about the fan motor?

kaltenacht
05-20-2005, 07:33 PM
If the wire wasn't put there by honda, remove it. Return the car back to stock condition before troubleshooting.

turning the ignition to the "1" position shouldn't make the engine come on... that's just weird. Does it actually start up?

or are you just talking about the fan motor?

No, when i turn the ignition position to "1" the raditor fan turns on, but im pretty sure its because the wire is connected to one of the fuses in the fuse box.

Oldblueaccord
05-20-2005, 10:55 PM
No, when i turn the ignition position to "1" the raditor fan turns on, but im pretty sure its because the wire is connected to one of the fuses in the fuse box.

Your right it is. Somebody "hotwired" your fans to come on with the key. Most likley they did it because the fans were not working when they should have been or the car was overheating.

Need to remove the wire and then be prepared to figure out whats up with the fans really.

wp

kaltenacht
05-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Ya, thats what i figured, i know its kinda late but here are some pictures of the wire in the fuse box.

http://img277.echo.cx/img277/1273/pana00611ic.jpg

http://img277.echo.cx/img277/2001/pana00625kc.jpg

Anyway, hope that helps, but I think im gonna put the car up on ramps and see where the wire runs to, I bet its to the raditor fan motor...

88accordalltheway
05-21-2005, 05:47 PM
it will be running to the fan motor, i bet you when you un hook it, your car will over heat all the time cause now the fan wont turn on at all, theres probably some sensor thats bad, and causing the fan to not turn on. Good luck with it, sounds like a hassel

Oldblueaccord
05-21-2005, 06:17 PM
SWEET

Thats just how I pictured it. Bear wire showing. wire run "as the crow flies". Thats a thing of beauty. Something I did like when I was sixteen.

Yeah investingate.

wp

'89AccordLX(Rus)
05-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Check the temperature sensor located in the bottom of the radiator. These are known to fail. You can insert a paper clip into the sensor's connector and see if the fans turn on. If jumping the connector turns the fans on (with key in RUN position), then the sensor is faulty. You can find a new one either at a junk yard, a local parts store (some people have had problems with these aftermarket sensors), or go to the dealer. Also, get an o-ring for the sensor as well if you decide to replace it. It's best to get it from a dealer or you can try and find an appropriate size o-ring at a parts store. I got mine from the dealer and it was cheap. Hope this helps you.

ehulst
05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
you can always do what i did...get a little 12V switch from Autozone....throw it in you dash...splice off the thermostat end connect a ground ex...get a positive negative to the switch wire the fan positive line to it...and you can turn the fan on/off when ever u want...but dont use it all the time only when in heavy traffic or driving hard....can burn the motor out if on all the time.....

kaltenacht
05-23-2005, 09:05 AM
you can always do what i did...get a little 12V switch from Autozone....throw it in you dash...splice off the thermostat end connect a ground ex...get a positive negative to the switch wire the fan positive line to it...and you can turn the fan on/off when ever u want...but dont use it all the time only when in heavy traffic or driving hard....can burn the motor out if on all the time.....

How ironic, i work at Autozone. I think ill looks up a coolant temperature sensor, and replace it, I would very much like to return it to its original working conditions...

Update, oh and and I did some pricing so im going to try to troubleshoot my fans, sensors etc, so if all goes well and i fix it i might post howto's on change Coolant Temperature Sensors, Switches etc...