PDA

View Full Version : Dropped bolt into tranny

mzabeefy
05-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, long story short, I had the speed sensor out and dropped the bolt that holds the speed sensor in, into the hole that the speed sensor goes into.

Any suggestions on how to get this bolt out? I assume if I run it like this it will mess up my tranny. I tried using a magnent and sticking it in the hole, but I couldn't get it and I'm not sure how far down the hole goes and the path it takes. I also tried draining the tranny fluid, hoping it would come out the bottom. No luck :(.

snow_man_20
05-13-2005, 07:35 PM
wow, that's no good. never heard of anything like that happening. Umm shit i guess i'm not any help. sorry dude

AccordEpicenter
05-13-2005, 08:04 PM
get a telescoping magnet and stick it in the speed sensor hole to get the bolt out... get em at like sears or some shyt

Dmitry
05-31-2005, 03:04 AM
Routine procedure in such a cases : turn the car upside-down and shake it!
:)

shepherd79
05-31-2005, 04:10 AM
i think the best way is to take the axels out and try to find it with your finger.
if you can't find it, you have to remove the tranny and take it apart.

snow_man_20
05-31-2005, 04:53 AM
i think the best way is to take the axels out and try to find it with your finger.
if you can't find it, you have to remove the tranny and take it apart.

That would suck to have to do all that work to get a bolt out.

POS carb
06-01-2005, 11:33 AM
try your hardest to get it with a magnet. That bolt is in the diffiential now and the only other ways to get to it are to take out the axles and pray or open the transmission...
There is always of course the lets-see-which-is-stronger option and just drive :o

mzabeefy
06-01-2005, 05:32 PM
I got it out, I had to take the tranny out :(. Well actually I didn't have to, I just wasn't sticking the telescoping magnet in far enough and at the correct angle. When I got the transmission out, I could see it sitting there, in line with the fill hole, but lower down. All fixed now!