PDA

View Full Version : Stall when i turn on AC

french_hustler
05-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Ok, so my idle is already pretty low since I put that short ram in my 87 LX-i. I think it's because of those plugs on the right side of the throttle body (left hand driver's side). Anyways, so when I turn on my AC at the minimum, it goes down but not that much, if I put it to the max, it stalls because the rpm goes so damn low. Any ideas?

http://img239.echo.cx/img239/1472/10003428lm7hh.jpg

This tube (the lowered one circled in red) went to a box behind the stock airbox that had an other tube going in there. So i directly connected both tubes without the little box. I think this is my problem. What do those tubes do? Help, I need an AC bad, it's so damn hot in the Cali.

[edit]
I sealed the other one and left the circled thing opened and it seems to work, but rpm stays constantly at 1000 rpm. Is that good or bad?

accordlxi2.0
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
well that means the idle is'nt high enough and the electrical load kills the engine.

i mean if it's idle at 1,000 rpms in drive weather if the a/c is on or off...
but if it idles at 1,000 rpms in drive, park, reverse with the a/c or off....it's okay

french_hustler
05-16-2005, 04:03 PM
when i turn ac on, i now hear a sucking noise... cuz it's sucking air from nothing.

accordlxi2.0
05-16-2005, 04:54 PM
you mean a sucking sound from the vacuum line???

french_hustler
05-16-2005, 04:56 PM
yes.... but ok, this is what i did.

I took off the pipe from the valve cover, i put in a breather on it and i bought a long hose from craigens and plugged it in the little black box with the two hoses in it to the short ram intake where the valve cover hose used to go in? Is that cool? I'll post pics if ya'll don't understand tomorrow.

I searched for help but I don't understand... so thank's a lot.

mouchyn
05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
adjust your idle speed, first of all.

unplug the EACV, let the car warm up to operating temperature, then adjust the idle speed screw. Set it to about 800-900. Then turn the engine off, reconnect the EACV, and reset the ECU. That should fix the idle stability problem.

if you still have problems after adjusting the idle, then we'll go from there.