PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from one of the greatest place: San Francisco...

maxcrx
05-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Greetings fellow 3gers,

I'm new to the forums and still trying to learn the ropes....I just got an 1987 honda accord LXI w/ 140k for a good price. I admit that it runs good and all, but needed minor repairs. I have redone the front/rear brakes, driver cv shaft, radiator overhaul, and fuel injectors. All this parts were from the junkyard.

Love pick n pull for the parts, but dont like the price. So lucky I named my car, "Junkyard G" and all my friends refer it as such. :bowrofl:

I may need help in the future for other mods to the car but would like to keep it stock in terms of the emission. Don't want to mess with that...

So far I have 13" enkei mesh old school with good thread from junkyard for $80. Clear corner lens, but keep the orange bulbs so won't be pulled over by cops, custom clear bumper lens from learning how to make it from thread.

Plans to do: Custom fit an cupholder from corolla or new accord (with alittle trim of the storage bos), Custom fit an armrest from a new honda.

Plan no to mod: Suspension (in san Francisco-too many potholes, and don't always want to feel the bumps). Emission: no header, but maybe an CAI...not sure cuz of requirements in future.

Long live the Junkyard G.....Glad to be part of the 3g community and appreicate any advice that others may offer to me...

88accordalltheway
05-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Seriously try and find an arm rest and cup holders at a yard. Its not that hard, Ive found two armrests and a set of cup holders last time i was there. If you really want an arm rest, i have one for sell in the selling forum on here, so check it out. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay. Be sure to search before you post anything.

1ajs
05-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Plan no to mod: Suspension (in san Francisco-too many potholes, and don't always want to feel the bumps).
Long live the Junkyard G......

lmao sf does not have a pot hole problem lmao i been to sf i seen it beatifull area i live in winnipeg canada we have the worst pot holes the city has niglekted the street for many years but they do maintian many of them cors does not help it goes down to -40 c or -40 f colde then moscow gets lol
also we in winterpeg eat slurpies (slushies) in the midle of january lol when it can get down to -50
but eh were the slurpie capital of the world we are the murder cap of canada 33 murders last year
killerpeg lol any ways let your beast junkyard G live long and prosperus

88accordhb
05-25-2005, 04:50 PM
i'm from santa clara, no one cares. hi nice to meet you.