PDA

View Full Version : interior lights question

b8er
05-18-2005, 10:42 AM
so the other day i got in my car after work to go home one night and i turn on my lights and all my lights turn on just like normal then out of no where all my interior dash lights go out, now im kinda confushed cause if i turned on my high beams the indicator light goes on like normal , same with my signal light indicators, cause anybody know what would cause this, cause i just dont know, thanx

3gn86lxi
05-18-2005, 09:53 PM
You probably blew a fuse. Check to see if your parking lights are working, bet ya they are not.
Replace that fuse, and you are good to go.
~Ryan~

halxi
05-18-2005, 10:32 PM
i had a similar problem, only mine was with ALL exterior lights, and when i checked the fuses everything was good. So i had no choice but to drive to school without running lights in thick fog. After school i came out, fired it up and everything worked fine...

Luis 89LXi
05-18-2005, 11:58 PM
It should be a fuse. One time i go out the work at night, turn the lights on, everything in front light up fine, but the dimming lights not. I didnt realize until a cop stop me because i have no tail lights.

The problem was a fuse, dimming and tails use same fuse.

b8er
05-19-2005, 07:26 AM
no i checked all the fuses, there all fine, that was the first thing i checked too, i was thinking about it and if im not mistaken doesnt the power for the dash lights go throw the rotating dimmer switch first? could that be the problem?

blownoffvalve
05-19-2005, 11:36 AM
maybe a loose wiring.. but did you check fuses in the engine and interior bay?

b8er
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
yea i checked all the fuses , there all good, do you guys think it may be that the bulbs just burned out?

DBMaster
05-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I would guess it might be a problem with the dimmer wheel. It is in the little group that has the flip up switch for the headlights and the rear window defroster switch. If your lights go out again, jiggle the little wheel and see if it changes anything. You can replace the individual switches in the "three pack."

Forgar_88
05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I had that happen once too and i had to just disconnect the battery and let it sit for about a half hour. I guess it reset the computers or something; all i know is that after that everything worked. :shrug:

Cant Stop
05-20-2005, 12:27 PM
my co-worker has a 90 civic and his was giving him trouble for a few days then it died totally if this sounds like you , minor trouble at first, like they would flicker once in a while then it could be the light stalk on the steering column, if the switch goes bad it can cause the interior lights to die then eventually all lights, we went to the junkyard and got another one and it works fine.

b8er
05-20-2005, 05:45 PM
k thanx for the info, my lights havent come back on yet , they just haven't worked, aha, it sucks, anyways il try to take out the "3-pack" deal and see if i could figure anything out, thanxs for the suggestions