PDA

View Full Version : How low = too much?

87DXHatch
08-08-2002, 01:27 PM
I suppose this question is mainly for Jim, but anyone can throw in their advice.

How low can I drop my Accord before I can't turn the wheel all the way in one direction? Also, how much is this effected by 17 inch rims with lo pro tires? How about 16 inch rims with lo pro tires?

I just want to have some ideas of how low I should adjust my ground controls for when I pick some up later this year...

dXsquared
08-08-2002, 01:42 PM
just adjust and then go try it. they come home and adjust and go try it.
Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
08-08-2002, 06:58 PM
I can think of one member that you need to talk to. Goldyaccord, aka gosh. He's running ground-controls and I remember once where he talked about dropping it pretty much all he could. I also think he's running 17's.

click on the link below to send josh a pm

http://209.151.81.66/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=365

goldyaccord
08-09-2002, 07:15 PM
Jim, I"m Josh not GOsh errrrrr.... :P no biggie

87DXhatch, I did run the GC's at full drop all around. It may look nice BUT, I couldnt get around without goin MAjor slow and take extreme angles at approching driveways. My advice is to lower to where your top of the tire tucks almost. no lower. As for turing radius, your fine BUT, take caution when turning on to a hill that would cuase your car to shift most of the weight on one given tire.

17's are fine just make sure u have 40mm or more.

One other thing to stay away from full drop is u cant turn without rubbing somewhat. I have had my drop so low it would be just above the rim. unfortunately i bumped it back up an inch or a tight finger gap. and the ride totally changed.

hope this helps.

Josh

A20A1
08-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Yup I still bottom out taking sharp turns around inclines

Jims 86LXI HB
08-09-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by goldyaccord
Jim, I"m Josh not GOsh errrrrr.... :P no biggie

87DXhatch, I did run the GC's at full drop all around. It may look nice BUT, I couldnt get around without goin MAjor slow and take extreme angles at approching driveways. My advice is to lower to where your top of the tire tucks almost. no lower. As for turing radius, your fine BUT, take caution when turning on to a hill that would cuase your car to shift most of the weight on one given tire.

17's are fine just make sure u have 40mm or more.

One other thing to stay away from full drop is u cant turn without rubbing somewhat. I have had my drop so low it would be just above the rim. unfortunately i bumped it back up an inch or a tight finger gap. and the ride totally changed.

hope this helps.

Josh

Thanks GOSH, opps um JOSH my man.;) You gave the answer I was hoping you would.:super:

goldyaccord
08-10-2002, 12:16 AM
THanks man.

I guess i could be referred as the ASS Drop Guru. The "yes" and "no's" of EXtreme lowering.

I also advized that he should look into getting higher spring rates if he was planning on goin with such a low drop.

But then of course, i advized that he get some modified struts to handle the rates.

:D

Josh