PDA

View Full Version : Keys

MNLXi4D
08-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Ok, The accord we bought came with one key. It opens the doors, trunk, glovebox and starts the car, but it won't lock the thing on the floor. It is a copied key since there are no numbers stamped (But a Honda Dealer copied since it sasy HONDA at the top of the key) Do I need a Master key to lock that or is it just a bad cuting job?

:help:

87accordlx
08-08-2002, 02:32 PM
that is the master key since u said it opens the trunk, prolly just a bad cutting job

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Yea like Scott said, if it unlocks the glove box, trunk, and unlocks the backseat (to fold it down from the inside--lock in back window), then you've got the master key.

You may want to first try and spray some WD-40 or the like in the key hole (or soak the key with it before you put it in) for the thing on the floor. There might just be some dirt and crap in there keeping it from working right.

;)

HostileJava
08-09-2002, 12:30 PM
What's this thing on the floor, should I have one? Mines an 86 hatch.

offthahook
08-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
What's this thing on the floor, should I have one? Mines an 86 hatch.

I don't think so. The purpose of the locking thing is to prevent peeps from going in your trunk. However, you don't have a trunk or a rear locking seat. Hence, someone could just get in your backseat and access anything you had in the cargo area. With a rear locking seat and trunk, you can see that locking thing preventing most peeps from getting to the stuff in your trunk (if u had one).

HostileJava
08-09-2002, 12:38 PM
Gotcha, thanx.