PDA

View Full Version : Battery drain!

guaynabo89
08-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Ok If I leave my car without turning it on the battery dies in a day or two. I know what's sucking the juice but need to know how to keep its consumption down.

Its my alarm thats pulling too much current. Is there something I can put in line with the power to it to keep it from puling so much current? (diode or something)

I'ts kind of a classic alarm and would like to keep it. Its called an Invisibeam alarm.

shepherd79
08-08-2002, 05:15 PM
first of all, make sure it was installed right.
second, if it drains this much power may be you should consider investing some money on more efficient alarm. like VIPER or something like that.

dj99
08-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Your starter kill relay has to have a diode on it, like the top pic here:

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp

I was told that the diode prevents too much power draw while it's armed. You can get just the diode at radio shack and add it on yourself. :beer:

guaynabo89
08-09-2002, 06:30 AM
Yeah I've been thnking about replacing it for a while now. I just wanted to keep it cause it's kind of neat.

For those who don't know who invisibeam is they were the company that makes talking alarms.

When you trip the field sensor it raps to you.:D :lol

It just pulls too much power when its on though. If I leave it armed it will kill the battery in a couple of days.

I was thinking one of those lcd pager alarms with hood,trunk protection would be nice.

Thanks dj99 for the article on that.