PDA

View Full Version : DX Doors

kaltenacht
05-20-2005, 07:32 PM
So i have my 87 Accord LXI, and the power windows are almost shot. So i figured, what the hell, why not try to see if DX doors are interchangable with LXI doors... So can it be done? The reason I want to do the swap is because i know DX has no power options, and i figured it would be easier just to buy a DX door and bolt it on my car than goto the trouble of converting my power windows into hand crank windows, and plus it would be cheaper to do that than to buy new power stuff. So any feedback is great and thanks for the help in advance! :idea:

SteveDX89
05-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes, the doors fit. You can swap all your power shit to the DX doors.

kaltenacht
05-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Yes, the doors fit. You can swap all your power shit to the DX doors.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss. Thanks alot Steve, I think im going to do that then!

88accordalltheway
05-21-2005, 05:40 PM
well, if their both coupes, sedans, or hatches then yea youll be able to interchange the doors. the trin dosent matter in the least bit.

Autowiz
05-24-2005, 02:13 PM
ok, designations. dx is barebones, lx is luxury, lx-i is fuel injected, and se-i is just f@$%ing nice. but, at the plant to save money, every single factory option in the 3gen era is direct bolt on. even the main harness are all made the same. so for example, if your car did not come with cruise control, well get all the parts, and the wires are already in place, they might be taped to the harness, but they're there. i think the lx-i and se-i models have different harnesses than the dx and lx, but only cuz it's carb vs. feul injection.

POS carb
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
why don't you just get an lx/lxi door? you'll keep all oyur power options, it's like 4 bolts (plus 1 hinge pin) and the harness plugs together! it's easy!
but yeah the dx door can be bolted in it's the same size but the armrests are smaller, no map pocket, no power windows/locks