PDA

View Full Version : Hey hatchie owners....

Forgar_88
05-21-2005, 09:30 AM
:idea: Does anyone think that it would be possible to do a reverse hatch latch? I know it is stupid soundin and not functional, but for a show it would be kinda interestin with lambo doors and reverse hood latches. anyone think that this could work with some mods like movin the trunk popper from the bottom to the top and havin the gas struts positioned backwards?

bullard123
05-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't know but you can try it. Just make sure you have a extra set of trunk struts in case you mess up. If you pull it off you weill be the first.

gfrg88
05-21-2005, 06:14 PM
you should try it, it would be something different, just for shows though

sporkHSP
05-21-2005, 11:39 PM
seems like it would defeat the functionality of the hatch, but if your going full show, it could look pretty cool.
Especially if you reverse the opening direction of the hood.

1320boy
05-22-2005, 10:02 PM
I thought about that on a CRX that i desighned and... It will work. The only thing is when it comes down to the latch part you would have to put a latch on each corner of the hatch. The only reason i STRONGLY sugest that is you would actualy weaken the structure of the roof, and since i know your saying the same with how i might have drew mine you reinforce the corners of the car and its easier to cover it up in the corners than in the middle. I designed a way to have an electric motor power the hatch to open and close. On paper it looks great, and on 24scale size it works. But then again i havent done anything to a real car, plus i desighned it for a REX. But im sure it would work out.

HostileJava
05-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Well you would have ot hinge it to the to the tailights and the slim metal behind that, I'd be a tad concerned about all that weight resting on them when it's open, the other concern of course is wind while driving. You better make damn sure that is latched down good, it's no problem at all for 80mph gust to get under the top of the hatch and lift it up.